|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Are you looking for a new position that gives you the freedom to mould your future however you like? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Be part of a small and friendly team that is continuing to expand. The team is geographically dispersed and this role is based in Brisbane. You will be the subject matter expert for ITAR matters for the LAND 400 Phase 2 project.
About the role
The Trade Compliance Officer (ITAR Specialist) is responsible for assisting with day to day transactional Import and Export Control activities, and responsible for all USA Export Control related activities, primarily for the LAND400 Phase 2 project.
The role will be the primary point of contact and responsible person for all US Export Control related matters within the LAND400 Phase 2 project. This will include, but will not be limited to, management of Technical Assistance Agreements (TAAs), providing guidance to the project team regarding access to ITAR and EAR technical data and articles, participating in project team meetings as required, and being the Subject Matter Export (SME) in this area for the project.
You can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Ensuring products and technical data are categorised correctly, that RDA has the required approvals for US technical data and goods, and providing expert guidance to the project on all US Export Control matters;
- Be the key RDA point of contact with our customer for US Export Control topics within the Land400 project;
- Assist the Trade Compliance Manager to provide advice/ guidance to internal and external customers on trade compliance regulations, specifically ITAR/EAR procedures, but also RDA’s Trade Compliance manual, RDA specific procedures, customs requirements, export/import documentation, license management and record keeping, as required;
- Assist with the maintenance of the Export and Import Control Database and Tracking system for management of licenses, agreements, correspondence and training;
- Be the key RDA person in any license applications and agreements requiring United States Government (USG) approval, and assist with the preparation of Australian and other countries, Import and Export Permit applications (for technical data, hardware and software), and liaising with the appropriate Government departments as required.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Transparency. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role include:
- Experience dealing with contracts subject to ITAR and Technical Assistance Agreements;
- Experience in classifying products under the ITAR and EAR;
- Knowledge of global trade laws and regulations (i.e. US Export Control Regulations (ITAR & EAR), Customs (Prohibited Exports) Regulations, and Defence Trade Controls Act);
- Knowledge and experience of Australian Export Controls laws associated with Defence Strategic Goods List materials;
- Experience in providing support to non-Trade Compliance employees, in the area of export and import control;
- Eligible to gain and maintain a Defence security clearance;
- Ability to travel overseas or interstate when required.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Attractive Remuneration package, salary sacrificing & novated leases.
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community.
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations.
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships.
- Opportunity for career development and further training.
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their immediate families overall wellbeing.
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Wepon and Ammunition. RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capabilty to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection and sustainment.
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are commited to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work sucessfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer. Recognising these unique attributes, the Company has established a Veterans Employment Program that trains and supports veterans transitioning from the armed forces and seeking future employment in the commercial sector.
Talent Acquisition Consultant