|Job Type:||Full Time|
Site: Mt Rawdon
- Lifestyle Friendly Roster – 8:6
- Housing Provided in Mt Perry – Residential Role
- Mt Rawdon is located only 75km south west of Bundaberg, QLD
- Critical role within a close-knit geotechnical team
We are currently looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our Mt Rawdon operation. All duties and responsibilities assist in managing overall site geotechnical risk and ensure management plans and strategies comply with health and safety regulations. Working with the geotechnical team, main responsibilities will include:
- Routine slope stability assessments and inspections.
- Management of slope stability monitoring equipment and analysis of data.
- Effective collection, analysis and interpretation of geotechnical data (i.e. piezometer data for groundwater monitoring).
- Reporting and communication of geotechnical risk to operations.
- Geotechnical face mapping and core logging for continuous structural database updates as mining progresses.
- Updating the pit hazard map and conducting regular ground condition reports and final wall assessments.
- Conduct regular ground awareness training (GAT) to promote a higher level of geotechnical risk awareness in the workplace.
- Management of Geotechnical projects to meet mine plan and regulatory requirements.
What you’ll bring
Our values of Safety, Excellence, Accountability and Respect guide how we act each and every day, they are the basis of our company culture. You will demonstrate your ‘safety first’ mindset and how you strive for excellence and take pride in your work. You will strive to improve, be bold in your thinking and be accountable for your work and ‘own it’. Working in a collaborative team you will be open to feedback, respect other’s opinions and challenge constructively to build trust and create an inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work.
Technically you will have….
- Tertiary qualification in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering or Geology/Science
- Previous experience in an Engineering role.
- Previous experience in an open pit mining environment will be highly regarded.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Outgoing personality with a can-do attitude is a must for this role.
- Proficiency with Mining and Geotechnical software packages will be highly regarded i.e. Rocscience suite, Surpac, Vulcan, Radar software.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
What we offer
We want your time at Evolution to be a highlight of your career. We will dare you to think differently, act like an owner and live our values of safety, accountability, excellence and respect.
We take pride in looking after our people and are passionate about personal development. We will help you build on your strengths, appreciate your diversity, provide opportunities for your development and challenge you to be your best. We will make sure you are clear on your accountabilities and have the right resources, systems and tools to achieve and succeed in your role.
As a growth focused business, we recognise our people’s efforts and reward the outcomes they deliver, as well as how they delivered them. We offer competitive salaries and bonus structures and have for the past four years invited our people to share in our success through an employee share scheme.
We are proud to be globally recognised leaders in sustainability. We recognise work-life integration and offer flexible working arrangements, subsidised private health insurance and a range of health and wellbeing options providing a stimulating and inclusive work environment.
It’s all in the name… we’ve evolved from a small company in 2011 into a globally relevant gold mining business with a reputation of delivering value for all stakeholders. Our diversified portfolio combining production and growth has made it become the third largest ASX listed gold miner.
We own and operate five gold operations across Australia, three are in Queensland, one in New South Wales and one in Western Australia. We are proud of our sustainability efforts with a focus to deliver long-term stakeholder value through safe, low-cost gold production in an environmentally and socially responsible manner.
Underpinning it all, is our Australian story and spirit.
About Mt Rawdon
Our Mt Rawdon gold operation is an open pit mine located 75km south west of Bundaberg in Queensland. Being a residential mine, our local employees go home every night, with many living in the communities of Mt Perry and Gin Gin. Our lifestyle friendly rosters give mean that our DIDO employees can live in the metropolitan centres of Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, giving our employees a great work-life balance. Mt Rawdon was the proud producer of gold for the 2018 and 2019 Lexus Melbourne Cup.
Safety is our priority
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people is of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
We want our people to go home safely to their family and friends and we inspire a safety culture where people do the right thing for themselves and those around them because they believe in safety, not just because there is a rule in place.