|Job Type:||Full Time|
There's never been a better time to be at AGL
It's an extraordinary time for the energy sector. A time of complex challenges and unprecedented opportunities.
At AGL we have the scale, resources and ambition to take the lead and make real the possibilities the future holds. We're renewing and expanding our portfolio of sources and products to make them more sustainable, reliable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
That's what we call progress. To achieve it, we're bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too.
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and help bring progress to life.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a Load Forecasting Analyst within our Wholesale Market business unit in the Load Forecasting team.
The role exists to provide market analysis, research, and insights, enabling the development and continuous improvement of Wholesale Markets gas and electricity load forecasting capability, thus supporting high-quality trading and commercial decision making.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Accurate and timely forecasting of AGL's customer load
- Interrogation and useful interpretation of large and complex data sets, primarily pertaining to AGL customer load
- Contributing to the ongoing enhancement of commercial decision-making within AGL's Wholesale Markets business unit, through the provision and continuous improvement of high-quality quantitative and qualitative forecasting and analysis of customer demand
- Contributing to the enhancement of the AGL's market modelling and forecasting capability, by designing, developing, testing, and continuously improving AGL's in-house forecasting IT and analytics systems
- Communicating clearly and transparently the relevant features and assumptions of the forecasts to the key internal customers, and to seek and be receptive of the feedback of the LF stakeholders
- Complying with all the regulations and risk policies relevant to WM and the LF team. To ensure that all Health, Safety and Environment goals are adhered to, while meeting the organisation's policies and standards for HSE Management
- Demonstrating AGL Values by acting in the best interests of AGL at all times and working together across the business to create the best overall results and decisions. Encourage and value the diversity in AGL's workforce, upholding AGL's inclusive workplace culture
- Self-motivated research and investigation
To be successful, you'll have:
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills, including a proper grasp of the concepts of statistics and probability. Tertiary qualification in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Engineering, or Science is preferred
- Relevant experience in a related field - forecasting, statistics, data analysis, IT, or commercial. Energy market experience (in Australia or internationally) will be highly regarded. Experience in mathematical or econometric modelling will be well regarded
- Programming skills. This could be demonstrated, for example, through proficiency with Python, R, Matlab, C++, C#, Java, or other programming language
- The ability to convey complex analytical requirements, results, and insights clearly and patiently in one-on-one interactions, to people with a diverse range of knowledge and experience - including business and IT functional stakeholders
- Creative problem solving and an inquisitive mind. The successful candidate will be a person self-motivated to continually improve one's own understanding of the world, empowered through discovery and learning
Proudly Australian for more than 180 years, AGL operates a diverse generation portfolio supplying energy to 3.7 million customer accounts. We have a passionate belief in progress and a relentless determination to make things better for our communities, customers, employees, the Australian economy and our planet.
Our goal is to make energy simple, fair and transparent and we're continuing to innovate to enhance the lives of Australians now and into the future. It's an extraordinary time for the energy sector and we need extraordinary people to meet the challenges. We're bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and together we'll bring progress to life.
At AGL, we're committed to diversity and inclusion, so we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
Click the "Apply" button to submit your application.