|Job Type:||Full Time|
- ASX100 Global manufacturer and marketer of commercial explosives, fertilisers and industrial explosives
- FIFO from Perth | 8:6 roster
- Great opportunity to take ownership of your role and move to the next level
Incitec Pivot Limited (IPL) and its subsidiary company Dyno Nobel, is an ASX 100 global leader in the resources and agricultural sectors with an unrelenting focus on Zero Harm. With a diverse leadership, we add value for our customers through manufacturing excellence, innovation and world class services.
We provide ground breaking solutions through practical innovation in the mining services and agriculture industry. The group comprises more than 5,000 people across the sales, commercial operations and manufacturing footprint globally, including the key mining markets in North America, Asia Pacific, South Africa and South America.
We are seeking an experienced Heavy Duty Mechanic/Maintenance Technician to provide maintenance for our underground and surface support assets at the Jundee mine site in WA
The DynoMiner™ Profile has been specifically designed by Dyno Nobel. It is a PLC controlled, hydraulically-powered process delivery unit. Its primary purpose is to operate in an underground mining environment and deliver a variable-density explosive emulsion.
In this role your key accountability is to lead the core activities associated with the day to day upkeep of the DynoMiner Profiles, its equipment, spares parts stock levels and office upkeep.
Partner with key customer stakeholders, you will be responsible for all maintenance of the DynoMiner™ Profiles, including scheduled planned maintenance, breakdown repairs and continuous improvement upgrades.
Reporting to our Maintenance Supervisor - Hardrock and Underground, you will be an integral part of our Asset Care & Engineering team. As well as communication skills and the ability to interact with key stakeholders at various levels, you will also have;
- A Mechanical trade certification (Dual trade Mechanical and Auto Electrical advantageous)
- Dangerous Goods Security Card (desirable but not essential)
- Previous experience on remote or underground sites, preferably with underground MPU operations / underground charging operations experience (desirable, but not essential)
- Hands on experience in fault finding and diagnostics of trucks/mining equipment, and an understanding of Pneumatic and Hydraulic componentry and circuitry
- A solid commitment to a Zero Harm safety culture undertaking Take 5’s, Workplace Inspections, Pre-Starts, Safe Work Instructions etc.
Benefits to you
- We are a team based on trust, collaboration and respect
- A competitive salary package is offered
- Confidential employee assistance program, and Mental Health and Well-being program
- Career development and upskilling opportunities
A little more about us
At the heart of Incitec Pivot and Dyno Nobel’s culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own and who strive to challenge and improve the status quo, focusing on improving productivity whilst maintaining zero harm for everyone, everywhere.
The culture of safety is paramount and you will play an integral part in promoting Health Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures to ensure Zero Harm at all times. You will also be familiar with modern safety practices as well as have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol screen).
IPL is committed to building an inclusive and accessible organisation through the development of a culture that embraces diversity, improves organisational engagement and allows our employees to reach their full potential. IPL values the range of perspectives, experience and skills that a diverse and inclusive workforce brings to the organisation and, through this contribution, strengthens the Company.