- Variety of work and career development opportunities
- Choose a career that connects you globally on a daily basis
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations. We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
We are looking for a Lead Business Analyst within the DnA team in our Sydney office who believe in getting into the details, understanding technical complexities and asks the right questions to course correct for ongoing delivery and execution. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis.
Plan, develop, and lead business analysis activities to support project outcomes on large transformation initiatives, following Agile methodology.
- Gather and analyse complex information for business cases / proposed projects, to determine how best to evolve client capabilities and technologies and improve business performance
- Lead a team of Analysts, assign work effectively and position them for success. Be well versed in business analysis and the technical complexities of the client landscape to be able to ask the right questions and guide the team to meet outcomes, goals and priorities of the client
- Run client workshops with the Product Owner and Scrum team to gather requirements, refine and write user stories and support the agile delivery of features E2E across dependent technology and business teams
- Influence how requirements are elicited; what documentation will be produced; and how it will be signed-off and transitioned to other project resources like Development and Quality Assurance/User Acceptance Testing. Lead requirements elicitation, documentation and review activities
- Manage multiple inflight features at various stages of refinement and delivery cycle
- Collaborate confidently with a range of both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple levels, managing both internal and external stakeholders’ expectations
- Understand the overall scope of the project and be able to identify when requirements are changing and ensure that project change management procedures are being used properly
- Confidently create and present complex and technical information in a structured manner
- Work fluently in both technical and business environments with a strong domain focus on cloud platforms, DW / BI Reporting and Analytics
- Demonstrated experience as a Lead or Advanced Business Analyst, with the ability to synthesise complex concepts into succinct means, drawing business insights and communicating these effectively
- Structured and analytical thinker
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence Senior stakeholders including C-level executives, while leading business analysts and other team resources
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong Microsoft Suite skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio) required
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
- Ability to work effectively with EY and client teams to identify, document and drive an outcome from idea to execution
- Exposure to end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
- Deep management consulting and/or agile program delivery experience preferred
- Experience in Cloud Platforms, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and Analytics projects preferred
- Experience in Banking and Financial Services
- Strong consulting experience and background