|Job Type:||Full Time|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
We are excited to invite applications for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor who will join a dynamic team to provide effective management of warehousing personnel and processes, including delivery of high quality warehousing services (receiving, dispatch, storage and manufacturing work in progress) at our Williamtown, NSW site.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Manage the Warehouse team across business unit specific stores
- Develop and implement Warehouse policies and procedures specific to the business unit in consultation with Corporate
- Provide input and recommendations to the improvement of Company processes and standard procedures
- Develop a balanced scorecard for Warehouse to provide the business with meaningful Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Be responsible for the training and development of warehouse staff
- Implement best practice in stock reconciliation
- Schedule work and capacity planning protocols
- Implement contingency planning processes to meet customer demands and needs
- Oversee cost account management of inventory storage, packing, freight and distribution
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A Diploma (or equivalent) in Transport and Distribution (logistics)
- A Certificate (or equivalent) qualification in Supervision/Frontline management
- A current valid forklift licence and first aid certificate
- Demonstrated experience in warehousing and inventory management including previous role in leading and managing a team
- The ability to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance of “Negative Vetting 1”
- The ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas to meet business requirements
- The drive to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements
- The ability to negotiate with and influence internal and/or external stakeholders which generates business whilst maintaining key relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong MS Office skills especially in Word, Excel. PowerPoint and inventory systems such as Oracle
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Shane Blogg, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Trades, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is also required.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.