|Job Type:||Full Time|
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne; and
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
Call for Expression of Interest
We are looking for great people to join our West Gate Tunnel Project team in 2020. If you want to be a member of our team, and would like to commence engaging with us, please respond to this Expression of Interest (EOI).
We will use this process to identify individuals with the right skills and attributes for the many roles that will become available over the coming months.
A talent pool will be created from this EOI, for roles in the relevant classification or discipline that become available for filling during 2020.
We are interested in hearing from professionals with Community & Stakeholder Engagement background and experience for roles ranging from Community Relations Senior Advisors, Advisors and Officers. Experience in construction industry, including heavy civils, tunnelling and building will be highly regarded.
Typical skills and responsibilities
Tasks will depend on the position but the following gives an indication of the types of activities you may be involved in on site.
- Day to day management of stakeholder and community issues and relationship with key stakeholders including Maribyrnong City Council, Hobsons Bay City Council, City of Melbourne, VicRoads and local communities.
- Be responsible for management of public enquiries and responses including managing the project enquiry line, responses to emails and online enquiries and management of written correspondence
- Oversee all community notifications and communications including advice on construction activities, out-of-hours works and traffic impacts
- Develop specific communications and community engagement sub-plans to address key construction activities and project milestones
- Lead the building of positive relationships with resident and community groups
- Plan and participate in information sessions, neighbourhood meetings, site visits and stakeholder presentations
- Enter details of all stakeholder interactions into the WTGP stakeholder database
- Apply specialist writing skills to prepare quality written materials for various target groups and purposes
- Assist in collection of data, including the evaluation of performance against the Construction Communications and Community Engagement Plan
- Assist in coordinating the Permit to Notify Process for all works associated with the project
- Develop written responses to stakeholder concerns as required, ensuring all correspondence is documented in the stakeholder database
Tertiary qualification in relevant subject eg Communications, Public Relations or related field and minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar role, preferably on major infrastructure projects. EoI from recent graduates in the above relevant subjects will be considered for Officer positions.
- Experience with a Tier1 or Tier2 contractor on large projects will be highly regarded but not essential
- Demonstrated experience to plan, develop and implement communication strategies to achieve project objectives
- Proven capacity to plan and develop community consultation activities and to build effective stakeholder relationships
- Strong negotiation skills with a proven track record in effectively managing complex and highly sensitive negotiations with multiple stakeholders, often with competing priorities and interests
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with internal and external stakeholders at various levels.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.