|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald Group is a dynamic and innovative management, engineering and development consultancy working on landmark projects worldwide. Independent and employee owned, we work in all sectors including transport, energy, buildings, water, environment, and education.
Mott MacDonald has a highly successful and integrated Transport team across Australia with a long-term pipeline of world-class project work. Building on this success we are looking for enthusiastic and talented team players to join our team in Melbourne.
This role is for a BIM Coordinator to support in the delivery of Transport projects and help shape the communities in which we live.
You will be committed to delivering the highest standards of service and exceptional project outcomes. Your enthusiasm for integrated Digital Design will help the team create cost effective and innovative design outcomes for our clients.
Working as an integral part of the Digital Delivery team, initially on Transport projects, your duties will include:
* Establishing appropriate strategy, process and procedures for Digital Delivery, and monitoring their day to day implementation.
* Preparation of pre-contract & project Digital Execution Plans (DEXP) in response to EIR's including aspects such as the definition of LoD requirements, creation of a project clash matrix, asset information requirements, MPDT etc
* Establishing appropriate BIM and CAD standards and ensuring that they are followed
* Coordinating the set-up of the BIM model, object libraries and integration with the Common Data Environment (CDE)
* Managing the processes & procedures for information exchanges, including revision & suitability code use in a ProjectWise environment
* Responsible for coordinating BIM models and liaising with design teams across disciplines
* Experience in federated model management & design coordination, including clash detection in Navisworks, setting up & running Coordination & Stakeholder workshops using the federated model & generating clash & coordination reports
* Ensuring that Quality Assurance and Quality Control checks of own discipline models are carried out in accordance with the quality plan and Digital Execution Plan
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
* 5 years+ experience in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry
* Diploma or Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction related subject
* Advanced understanding of the design coordination & BIM processes
* A technical understanding of Civil & Structural and/or MEP discipline is preferred
* Experienced in the use of 3D CAD/BIM software including Autodesk's Navisworks Manage, use of Solibri &/ Revizto would be advantageous
In return, you will be working on exciting projects and be encouraged to build connections within the Mott MacDonald family, bringing international best practice outcomes to our clients whilst satisfying your career goals.