|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in managing a team of engineering and/or technical operations professionals responsible for critical systems and operations for a distributed organization.
- 5 years of technical experience working as an individual contributor prior to management.
- 5 years of experience building teams, hiring and developing people.
- Experience in designing, developing or troubleshooting Linux, OS X, Windows, networking, mobile, video conferencing and/or voice technologies.
- Experience leading people through change while maintaining the ability to adjust to rapidly changing technology and make decisions with limited information.
- Track record of identifying opportunities to improve team efficiency and effectiveness through automation.
- Ability to prioritize and manage across multiple, often time-sensitive initiatives.
About the job
As a Technical Operations Manager within the IT Support Technician team, your goal is to enable the people and technology that keep Google running. Your team provides the front line user support for all of our internal tools and technologies. Beyond the day-to-day, the team will contribute to longer-term technical projects, process improvement and the documentation efforts.
You are an inspirational leader with experience recruiting, developing and guiding a talented team of engineering and operations professionals. You also bring a passion for pushing the edge of technology, and use that passion to encourage users large and small to adopt cloud-based computing and mobile technologies. You have a solid technical foundation and the flexibility, talent and aptitude to learn new technologies and lead a variety of projects and teams across the organization.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Inspire, grow, and develop talent while providing vision and setting direction for the team; lead effectively through outcomes rather than tasks.
- Collaborate well with partner teams to achieve shared objectives, provide strategic insight, and lead continuous improvement efforts in customer service and operations.
- Drive results by tracking key operational metrics, identifying process improvement opportunities and delivering on strategic initiatives.
- Oversee the design and operation of various cloud-based services, systems, and applications.
- Lead hiring and career development for a team of intelligent, ambitious professionals across a variety of technical disciplines.