|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Xero, we’re here to make running a business beautiful. By making small business more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, we’re not only helping small businesses, we’ll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
Xero’s operational team is transforming the way it works to become more agile and efficient. We are looking to grow and develop our Reliability team to tackle the unique challenges that come with supporting the growing Xero application at scale.
About the role
As Xero’s next Engineer across Data Reliability, you will be passionate about stable and secure systems management practices and be detail-oriented and systematic. You will work with development teams to evangelize good database practices and champion database reliability across Product teams. You will make an impact in your role by finding ways to automate tasks while creating a culture focused on continually improving the operation of Xero’s data persistence technology.
To be successful in this role you will need to have experience in:
- PostgreSQL (management and development)
- 2+ years managing production databases
- Relational databases at scale
- Familiarity with distributed systems
- Can read a variety of programming languages and comfort with submitting Pull Requests
- Powershell scripting
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with MySQL
- Cloud Database Hosting Services
You will be responsible for:
- Embracing and championing best practices for database safety and performance.
- Contributing to automating every aspect of datastore management
- Collaborating with a wide variety of Product Team engineers to help them build reliable and scalable services
- Creating auto-remediation systems
- Data modeling and data structure design skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and monitoring of our systems to ensure adequate Service Level Objectives and capacity requirement
- Helping define the tools and philosophies used among the team around deployment, monitoring, testing and security
This role will involve on-call availability and periodic overtime. If you are ready to take on a new challenge in a fast-paced organization where the sky's the limit we want to hear from you.
Joining Xero means making a difference in the lives of many people, and working for a company with big goals. As part of our awesome package, you’ll get a competitive salary, Xero shares, great colleagues and an environment that challenges you to follow your passions, develop your skills and be the best you can be.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and is Rainbow Tick accredited too.
If you’ve read all this and feel you’ve got lots to offer, get in touch!