|Job Type:||Full Time|
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
Starting with KPMG as a ‘Know Your Client’ Operations Manager , you will be joining our Client Risk Assessment Team managing a team of 7 KYC Coordinators on a permanent basis in Rhodes. The team is responsible for conducting due diligence checks associated with the consideration of new and continuing clients and is an essential part in managing the Firm’s operational response to compliance with KPMG’s Know Your Client (‘KYC’) mandatory requirements.
You will be joining the National Service Centre (NSC), which is a newly created centre of excellence in Rhodes providing valuable support to our client engagement teams nationally across KPMG. We pride ourselves on being recognised for our excellence in service while creating a work environment that is supportive, fast paced and energetic.
Your major responsibilities will include:
- Management of Central KYC Team’s day-to-day workload and forward capacity planning
- Ongoing support of current team members and recruitment of new team members as required to meet evolving workload and infrastructure
- Provision of training of new and current staff; to enhance knowledge and to support ongoing process efficiencies
- Development of regular management reporting to Risk Management key stakeholders to provide insight, including provision of operational efficiency, analysis of data to understand emerging themes
- Maintenance and execution of quality control frameworks to ensure quality output of the team
- Continue to refine and optimise internal processes to ensure ongoing compliance with mandated requirements
- Maintenance of procedures and future development of other materials to support the consistent application of KYC processes across the Firm nationally
- Provide support to Project Team in the implementation of technology pilots or future infrastructure evolution
How are you Extraordinary?
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Exceptional experience in due diligence processes, particularly with regards to KYC, including PEPs, Sanctions and AML regulations – i.e. client and third party risk assessment processes
- Experience in operations and people management
- Knowledge of research databases and tools, reporting and data analysis capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and forward planning abilities
- Highly experienced in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
The KPMG Difference
At KPMG, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ages, religions, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, those with a disability, women and people with a cultural or linguistically diverse background.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life.
KPMG has a decade-long, proud commitment to Indigenous Australia, as demonstrated by the achievement of an Elevate level Reconciliation Action Plan. KPMG is a foundation member and Principal Partner of Pride in Diversity started in Australia by ACON and the Diversity Council of Australia, and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index(AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace. KPMG Australia has been consistently recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency(WGEA) annual index.
Next steps? Please apply online by submitting your resume and cover letter. A member of the KPMG Talent Acquisition team will be in contact once your application has been reviewed.