|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Looking for a new challenge in 2020 and ready to step into a leadership role
- Have a passion to develop, lead and inspire a team of Valuers within a positive workplace culture
- Sydney based location and team
NAB offers a well-defined career pathway supported with regular structured training and development, flexible working conditions, along with great staff benefits and a competitive remuneration structure.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
NAB was also recently recognised by the Australian Property Institute at the Excellence in Property Awards for Workplace Diversity and Culture. For more information please visit here.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
About the role
The Valuation Manager, NAB Valuations is responsible for leading and inspiring a team of 8-10 Valuers to deliver accurate and timely valuations for various banker/broker instructed requests. The role supports the Director with other Valuation Managers within the team to manage risk for NAB and provide valuations which enable customer lending requests to progress.
Ensure all aspects of People Leader Fundamentals is instilled in the team, including appropriate recruitment, onboarding, up-skilling and development and external professional recognition by the Australian Property Institute is delivered in a timely and relevant way.
Work closely with peers nationally to deliver the agreed national goals and objectives, whilst maintaining high quality, accurate and expected capacity of valuation volume within the local team.
This role is the “Face of Valuations” within the region with key colleagues in Business, Retail and Broker including through providing property insights for colleagues within the area.
Core Responsibilities are
- Drive excellence in operational performance of NAB Valuations team within the region including monitoring of turnaround time, quality and efficiency including coaching team members and/or developing performance improvement plans on any/all aspects of this as appropriate
- Inspire, equip and engage the team to adopt smarter working practices and ensure high quality valuations are undertaken as measured by industry standards.
- Role model and lead the embrace and embedding of change whilst acting enthusiastically and positively, sharing learning’s nationally and providing proactive and constructive feedback along the way, driving a cultural change agenda
Core Skills and Capabilities Required
- Proven experience in leading, inspiring, equipping and managing a team, strong relationship influencing and management whilst delivering strong business performance and service delivery outcomes
- Effective Communicator by working in partnership with key stakeholders, including developing and maintaining good working relationships with stakeholders and colleagues across multiple teams
- Tertiary qualifications in Valuations leading to Membership of the Australian Property Institute as an Associate or Fellow, or Registration as a Licensed Valuer, if required, under state legislation
- Business Acumen, Evaluation and Execution in Equipping and Inspiring large teams
- Drive engagement, creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the team achieve its objectives
- Must have and continue to have a valid driver's licence
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, we are keen to hear from you!
Please note, candidate screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.