|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As member of IBM Global Business Services Procurement Transformation Team, you will serve as a procurement solutions advisory consultant. You will be responsible for delivering leading solutions that drive ongoing value to our customers within the realm and scope of the Statement of Work (SOW).
You will be focused on the rapid transformation of client organizations into world-class managers of spend, through innovative, high-quality, global, Spend Management Solutions that create sustainable bottom-line results.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
- You will have at least 18 months experience with respect to procurement in either industry or consulting, ideally with the experience of at least 1 full solution implementation.
- Experience in procurement transformation, advisory and systems such as SAP Ariba is mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in multi-functional teams
- Detailed knowledge of spend management strategies, procurement or sourcing is required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Work experience using project management methods PMI or Prince2 is advantageous.
Desired Attributes and Skills:
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and organizational talent.
- Willing to take on challenges in new areas at new clients
- Team lead or project management aspirations in combination with a strong drive to develop as a functional consultant
- A drive to expand your network in the SAP and Procurement communities
- Ambition for building successful client relationships will be highly valued.
- Ability to travel based on project and business needs.
- Be an Australian citizen
- Be eligible to obtain an AGSVA baseline security clearance or already have AGSVA baseline security clearance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.