|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Temporary Works Engineer/Temporary Works Design Engineer
Downer is an internationally recognised force in the civil and structural engineering industry. Our promise is to work closely with our customers to help them succeed, using world leading insights and solutions. Our people are committed to what we do and at Downer NZ we work together as a team to deliver on our promise to continue to be ‘the number one supplier of building and infrastructure services in New Zealand’.
As a Temporary Works Design Engineer, or Senior Temporary Works Engineer, you will be expected to work closely with our tender and construction teams and apply your knowledge to manage and/or execute investigation and design of a range of temporary works on a wide variety of civil/structural infrastructure projects.
About the role:
Working collaboratively in a team environment based in Auckland, you will provide the design and technical advice components of design/build and temporary works solutions that Downer is increasingly being asked to provide for our customers. You will work closely with our customers and physical works operations to identify opportunities for design/build and work with these groups to investigate, design and deliver cost effective, innovative solutions.
The suitable candidate for this position will have:
- BE (Civil) or other relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng)
- Specialist experience in one or more technical engineering disciplines
- Proven willingness and capability to learn
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- A positive attitude and commitment to providing a high quality of service
- Skilled in relevant technical software and systems as well as word processing, spread-sheeting and other general computer software
- A full class 1 Driver’s Licence
In return we offer:
Downer is offering an outstanding opportunity with diverse and challenging work along with competitive remuneration for the right candidate. Downer has a company-wide focus on training and development which gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career. You will interact with and be supported technically by a strong nationally distributed Downer Technical Services team who have a passion for this work.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please express your interest by going to www.downercareers.co.nz using the reference 568178.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.