|Job Type:||Full Time|
A little bit about the role
This is an exciting new role where you will use your core compliance and operational risk expertise, coupled with your strong communication and coaching skills, to deliver on our risk policies and procedures. Working with the business as a trusted adviser on best practice risk management, you will build capability and good risk management ownership and foster a risk aware culture across Operations.
Reporting to the GM of Operations Excellence, you will be responsible for developing and executing the regulatory compliance obligations plan for Operations, drive assessment of introduced risks, and update risk profiles.
As a first line role, you will use your passion and persistence to ensure the business units understand their requirements within our risk management framework and help them mature their capability across the domain.
As a trusted advisor and business enabler, you will approach your accountabilities with commercial and operational pragmatism, a healthy dose of scepticism, and intellectual curiosity. Just another day at ME!
Let's chat about YOU
You are a holistic thinker and influencer. With a passion for forward planning and prevention, you are always a step ahead, thinking about all the moving parts and how they work together to fit into and inform risk profiles. Naturally, you love critical thinking, planning ahead and coaching those around you - you don't like just receiving tasks.
With access across the organisation, you will not only have the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels, but also be able to demonstrate your prioritisation and execution of key deliverables.
When it comes to Operational Risk you ooze passion - this is not just a job for you, you live and breathe what you do and truly love it! With your resilient demeanour and extensive understanding of the APRA Prudential requirements, you enjoy tackling problems and uncertainty from all angles.
Let's talk about ME
We're not like other banks.
ME was created by the industry super funds to be different from the pack - and we're passionate about staying that way as we head into an exciting and progressive future.
We are building a bank, a company and a brand that we can be proud of - but to achieve that, we need the best people. To help ME get there, you'll challenge the status quo and share extraordinary ideas - and our size guarantees you'll have the opportunity, support, and environment to be heard.
ME's core purpose is helping all Australians get ahead - no conditions, asterisks or exceptions.
We believe everyone deserves the same opportunities in life, regardless of gender or identity, sexuality, ethnicity, disability or religion. This is why we're so committed to an equal opportunity workplace - because we know our success won't come from focusing on similarities, but by embracing and celebrating our diversity.
About the Perks:
At ME, we believe that work should be a place that you can make the most of - and these are just some of the many reasons why people love it here:
- Popular culture - that's not a claim, we've got the data to prove it. We genuinely care about each other and work in an encouraging and collaborative environment.
- We care about your career, we invest in our people and we are strong advocates of leveraging our current talent to fill internal positions - giving you the opportunity to diversify your career.
- Not afraid to fail? We embrace action-oriented people like you. That's right, you can make mistakes here and it's ok - so long as you learn from them.
- To be ME, we need you - we're building something really cool and you get to directly influence what that is.
- ProudlyME - our internal pride network - has a swag of initiatives that show support, education, and passion toward our team and customers, demonstrating that ME is a strong advocate on equal rights for the LGBTIQ+ community.
- Meet the Execs - our Executive team is fun and full of passion because we know great managers mean happy staff.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, why wait? Can't see a closing date on the advert? That's because we're pretty efficient here at ME and we may start looking at applications sooner rather than later, so if this role sounds like your jam, be sure to apply today.
Should an applicant be the preferred candidate, background checks (including police checks, reference checks, ASIC banned and disqualified persons and bankruptcy checks) will be completed prior to the candidate's employment being confirmed. The outcomes of the background checks do not automatically bar candidates; however will be assessed against the inherent requirements of the job.