|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is a great opportunity to join ING as a Senior Software Engineer in one of our squads where you will be involved in developing and automate the testing of robust, adaptable code that is always production-ready. You will be a part of a supportive and dynamic team, delivering innovative products which are at the forefront of digital banking in Australia. Join us by applying your skills in leading software engineering technologies to create new features and improvements throughout our technology stack, from UI to service layer, integrating with our back-end systems.
What are you going to do? You will be…
- Responsible for end to end software development to work along the full lifecycle of software engineering from idea to working production.
- a part of successful delivery of solutions which meet the needs of our internal and external customers
- a part of Continuous improvement and delivery team and be an advocate for the adoption of Agile practice, methodologies and attitudes. Role model Agile leadership behaviours
What are we looking for? Someone who…
- Ideally qualified in Computer Science or similar
- Has Minimum 5+ years in development/software engineering and has extensively knowledge of working in Agile organisations
- Has good knowledge in tools across full software delivery lifecycle, e.g. IDE, source control, CI, test, mocking, work tracking, defect management, etc
- Has experience with micro services and also preferably with SpringBoot
- Is familiar with source control systems i.e. Git
- Extensive experience in building RESTful and SOAP Webservices
- Proficient in full stack development (e.g. database, services and user interface) or mastery in one layer of the stack with sound understanding of other layers
- Is able to operate and provide technical leadership in ambiguity
Nice to have
- Data stream with Kafka or similar products knowledge/experience
- OpenShift / Docker knowledge/experience
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities. We would also be open to flexible working applications for this role, please just let us know as part of your phone interview.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.
(One last thing, ING operates a direct talent sourcing model. So no agency introductions, please.)