|Job Type:||Full Time|
Working with customers in mining operations for over 75 years, Mineral Technologies, a Downer company, deliver innovative, cost effective process solutions for Iron Ore, Mineral Sands, Silica Sands, Coal, Chromite, Gold, Tin, Tungsten, Tantalum and a wide range of other fine minerals worldwide.
Due to continued business growth and an increasing portfolio of work in 2020, Mineral Technologies is now seeking applications from Accounting Professionals for the role of Management Accountant to support our overseas operations based in Carrara (Gold Coast).
The role will have responsibility for the following key functions:
- Providing accounting guidance including statutory compliance over several international jurisdictions;
- Delivery of accurate month end reporting and associated month end processing;
- Implementation of group-wide initiatives including audit framework and foreign currency exposure;
- Analysis of financial and operational performance, seeking to identify opportunities for improvement;
- Implementation of the Enterprise Resource Planning software;
- Preparation of divisional reporting, budgeting and forecasting to provide analysis on variances and ensuring actions are realised and managed;
- Obtaining data and analysis required for monthly and quarterly reviews/forecasts and assist with the cash flow forecast and reporting;
- Capable of working autonomously while promoting open, collaborative communication to support your non-financial colleagues in their day to day operations.
This position requires a background in accounting with strong communication, organisation, reporting skills and:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and CA/CPA qualifications;
- Understanding of South African and United States accounting principles;
- South African BBBEE Level 3 rating;
- Experience in a role accountable for statutory compliance over several international jurisdictions;
- Experience implementing Enterprise Resource Planning software;
- Exposure to manufacturing and/or construction industries preferred;
- Ability to travel overseas regularly including to the United States and South Africa
- Strong reporting skills with a high proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build positive working relationships, both within and outside the organisation;
- Demonstrated experience identifying and driving process improvements and operational efficiencies;
- High levels of self-discipline, self-motivation; energy and initiative.
WHAT WE OFFER
- This position comes with an attractive remuneration package along with an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment within a highly successful, ASX listed organisation;
- The ability to work on a diverse range of projects, taking on new and exciting challenges;
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do.
Please email email@example.com for further information. Applications sent via email will not be accepted.
Downer is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where they encourage females and indigenous people to apply.