|Job Type:||Full Time|
Lead and grow the strategic business relationships with Optus’ Federal Government clients such as Defence and DHS. This role represents an investment by Optus in the future growth of our Federal Government business, where Optus’ aim is to play a greater and more influential role by maximising opportunities to grow market share through Whole-of-Government buying arrangements.
In addition to representing Optus as the Sales and Business engagement Lead, you will be ultimately accountable, with other functional leads, for:
- Leading Optus’ engagement for Whole-of-Government sourcing arrangements, in particular hardware, software and telecommunications panels established by major buyers such as the Digital Transformation Agency (DTA).
- Developing executive level relationships within the DTA and C-Level relationships with our business partners
- Shaping and executing Optus’ strategy for acquiring targeted white space customers
- Developing and leading the matrixed Sales support team, with emphasis on increasing sales tempo for panel opportunities and driving win rates
- Providing leadership and guidance to other resources required to manage or influence revenue, costs, capability development, programme development and delivery, and
- Leading an outstanding customer experience
Working across all allocated Federal Government accounts, responsibilities for this role include leading a cross-functional team of direct reports covering business development, management of sales activities, and management of panel arrangements.
The successful executive must possess substantial relevant experience and have demonstrated both strong leadership and operational execution capability with the ability to influence and lead, through persuasion and negotiation, the most senior executives.
Initiative, change, self-determination and drive are critical attributes of the role; supplemented with strong operational execution skills coupled with ability to create and execute strategy and problem solving for solution development.
Success will be measured early by establishment of a robust sales engine to drive panel opportunities and reputation and engagement to influence executives within targeted Government agencies. Subsequent success will be measured in a more traditional way - the measurement of effective strategies and activity, the signing of new business, billed revenue, the profitability of revenue, and the growth of market share.
You’re a highly seasoned sales professional with strategic account management experience in a Government business environment. A consultative selling style with the ability to sell technical products and complex business solutions coupled with a high level of business acumen and a proven ability to communicate effectively with C level management within a large, complex organisation will be second nature to you. You are also results driven, have excellent interpersonal and possess strong verbal, written, presentation and effective listening skills.
Proven ability to successfully negotiate sales situations at senior levels and across all levels of government is essential.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!