|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader working in a flexible work environment
- Brisbane or Sydney based role - Gasworks or Sydney CBD Office
- Opportunity for an experienced Compliance professional to support our BOQ Business
About the Role
An opportunity is currently available for an experienced compliance professional to join BOQ in a full time permanent role, reporting through to the Head of Compliance. This role will provide compliance advice to BOQ Business stakeholders to deliver an effective compliance framework and ensure that legal and regulatory obligations are met. This role will cover a broad range of areas including corporate banking, financial markets and specialised finance.
This will include providing advice to business areas on requirements and application of obligations including but not limited to the Corporations Act, National Consumer Credit Protection Act, Privacy Act and the Banking Code of Practice.
You will work closely with Senior Managers, internal stakeholders and other compliance and risk staff across the BOQ Group to promote a positive compliance culture and ensure policy and processes are implemented and maintained in line with requirements.
The successful candidate will also contribute to the creation and implementation of policies, standards and procedures and embedding of new requirements.
We are seeking an individual with:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Compliance, Legal, Risk or Business
- Prior experience in regulatory compliance within the Banking industry with demonstrated knowledge of the Corporations Act, National Consumer Credit Protection Act, ASIC regulatory guides and the Banking Code of Practice
- Ability to research and interpret law and regulation, staying informed of changing requirements
- Strong people skills with experience in assisting, guiding and influencing stakeholders including Senior Managers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability to adapt and comprehend rapid digitisation and technology change in financial services
- Experience in financial markets will be an advantage
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.