|Job Type:||Full Time|
Remuneration: Attractive salary package
- Graduate Program commencing February 2021 for Australia’s largest freight company
- Fast track to chartered status being mentored & supervised by professional engineers
- Individualised development program focused on both personal and professional skills
Again, our Technical Services and Planning business unit is taking part in our Graduate campaign after many successful intakes. This year we are looking for 2 future Grads holding either a Mechanical, Mechatronic or Aerospace Engineering degree (or similar) to work with us. Aurizon owns the largest fleet of locos in Australia and with over 13,000 wagons we want people who have a keen interest in working on them. Rotations covering detailed design, modifications, project management and train design - this program will fast track you to chartered status while being mentored and supervised by professional engineers.
As an Aurizon Graduate, you will be part of a diverse, collaborative and creative workforce. You may have rotation opportunities in regional areas as required.
- A dedicated mentor & supportive environment
- Structured, individualised development program focused on both personal and professional skills
- Graduate challenge, working in multi-disciplined teams presenting innovative solutions for Aurizon’s future
About Aurizon Graduates:
- We are seeking Graduates who can build great leadership skills as well as develop their technical capability
- You’ll have ambition and demonstrate both exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Most importantly have the passion and drive to succeed
- You must have successfully completed an undergraduate degree or higher qualification that is bachelor level or above, and completed your relevant qualification by December 2020
- We are seeking graduates who want to grow their career in Aurizon and are flexible to work in the regional communities where Aurizon operates
- You must be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand citizen who has entered Australia on a valid passport and has unrestricted rights to employment
Our Recruitment Process:
Please submit your application on our Aurizon website – www.aurizon.com.au/careers/graduates by Monday 6th April 2020.
- First stage of on-line testing – This will be sent out from 9th April
- Second stage of on-line testing – This will be sent out on 17th April following a successful result from the first stage testing
- Webex Interview – Short Webex interviews will be held from Monday 4th May to Wednesday 6th May
- Assessment Centre for the Graduate Mechanical Engineer - Will be held from 18th May to 22nd May in Brisbane
- Pre-employment Checks & Medicals (Engineering Grads) – Commencing 29th May 2020
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Development and growth opportunities
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 84901), please contact Katie on (07) 49320179