|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Legal Counsel
In this role you will have responsibility for providing legal advice on all aspects of ING’s Australian operations. In particular, you will be required to provide comprehensive legal advice and legal risk management support across ING’s procurement and contract review activities.
Working in this role means working in a highly dynamic international, changeable and challenging environment where you will work with a wide variety of departments on all levels and where you will work closely with professional and driven colleagues in a friendly atmosphere.
What are you going to do? You will…
- Draft, review and negotiate all manner of procurement contracts and RFP/tender documentation.
- Draft, review and negotiate all manner of third party contracts and arrangements.
- Provide legal risk management advice and support to a variety of business units.
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise in relation to ING Australia’s entry into intra group agreements with other members of the ING Group.
- Review the regulatory and administrative requirements of the ING Group so as to ensure that relevant Australian documents, policies and procedures satisfy those requirements.
- Assist in developing and maintaining relevant policies and procedures, contract templates, internal FAQ's and best practice guidelines and otherwise assist in training relevant business units in their use.
In addition, you will…
- Provide concise, comprehensive legal advice and legal risk management support which ensures that the company makes decisions from a position of legal and regulatory clarity.
- Structure legal advice in such a way as to allow for constructive commercial decisions to be made, with an emphasis not only on activities which are limited by legislation and regulation, but also the positive options and alternatives which are permissible.
What are we looking for? Someone who has…
- A Law degree.
- Qualified as an admitted solicitor.
- 10+ years post admission experience gained in private practice, an Australian bank or relevant financial services organisation.
- Extensive experience in providing legal support in relation to corporate procurement activities with an established and sound understanding of contract law, data security and privacy laws.
- A proven record of leading on complex matters and projects with minimal supervision.
- The ability to assume a high level of responsibility.
- Superior written and verbal communication and drafting skills.
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Proven problem solving capabilities.
- The ability to think strategically and creatively, see legal issues in their wider context and provide risk based and practical advice.
- The ability to perform at a high level under pressure.
- Mature legal judgment and appreciation of legal risk.
- A high degree of energy.
- Effective time management skills.
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile - for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you're joining a team where individuality isn't just accepted, it's encouraged. We've built a culture that's fun, friendly and supportive - it's the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We're here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there's plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you've never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply - likewise if you're living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you'd feel at home? We'd love to hear from you. Apply today!