|Job Type:||Full Time|
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
We are currently seeking to engage an experienced Community Place Manager to join our team in Parramatta. The focus of the role will be to proactively facilitate community relations experience for the project through engagement and consultation with multiple stakeholder groups including members of the broader community.
The $2.4 billion Parramatta Light Rail will connect Westmead to Carlingford via the Parramatta CBD and Camellia with a 12-kilometre, two-way light rail track. Parramatta Connect (CPB Contractors and Downer EDI Joint Venture) has been engaged by Transport for NSW to complete the construction of the light rail track, roadworks, stop platforms, and transport interchanges at Westmead, Parramatta CBD and Carlingford. Upon its completion the light rail will transport 28,000 people every day to key destinations, new communities and essential services. It is expected to open in 2023.
About the role however not limit:
- Analysing, investigating and following up queries and complaints, as appropriate, developing action plans, monitoring progress and outcomes
- Educating and coaching project team members to understand contractual requirements in relation to the community, understand and effectively handle community concerns
- Developing and writing community engagement strategies
- Developing appropriate communication tools (e.g. presentation material, press releases, letters) to convey CPB and client key messages honestly and in the most effective way for the target audience(s)
- Keeping the Project Team informed and involved in the community relationships
- Coordinate project specific focus group meetings
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Communications or a related discipline
- Industry related experience would be highly regarded ie: Construction, Civil Infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and strong conflict management skills
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to negotiate and influence
- Proven experience working in an advisory or managerial role
- Flexibility to work outside of normal work hours
- Planning and production of internal and external communications such as newsletters, speeches, presentations and web copy
In return, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Market competitive salary
- Structured training and development
- Corporate employee discounts with numerous providers
- Well-being benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.