|Job Type:||Full Time|
Work with a team of the best
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
As the next Transmission Rebuild Technician to proudly represent our Maintenance Team, you will live for challenges and thrive on the variety of work available. Like all of us at Thiess, you’re a passionate and energetic person, that appreciates responsibility, recognition and reward.
In this unique position, you’ll have the chance to take on a range of maintenance activities in our Hazelmere workshop facility in support of our numerous WA mining projects. If successful, you will be given the chance to showcase your skills in a company that values them, and actively looks to develop its people to be even more successful in their careers.
Some of your duties will include:
- The disassembly, inspection and assembly of large-scale mobile mining equipment components in accordance with OEM maintenance system documentation & specifications
- Source technical information from relevant reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer-based systems
- Maintaining the workshop area to a high standard of housekeeping & organisation
- The successful person will have the right amount of passion and drive to make this autonomous position theirs, as well as;
- A Certificate III in Heavy Diesel Fitting or equivalent
- Driver’s Licence
- High Risk Work Licences (i.e. LF, DG)
- Sound experience in overhauling Caterpillar components, specialising in Powershift Transmissions, Torque Converters etc.
- Must be well organised, methodical and have an eye for detail including leading by example
- A demonstrated commitment to safety, safe work practices & risk awareness
About the benefits
- A truly exciting career offering global work opportunities across Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and South America, as well as within Australia
- Ongoing training, support, upskilling and mentoring from a dedicated Thiess team who value their people
- Plus, full time direct employment on an excellent rate of pay as part of the world's largest Mining Services Provider: Thiess Mining & Metals
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.