|Job Type:||Full Time|
With a demanding programme, an exacting client, and a complex set of conditions, you will eat challenges for lunch.
We need your outstanding relationship skills, your networks, and your capacity to support a team through tough challenges. Each property owner and business owner needs to feel that you are anticipating what they need, while at the same time need to feel you are defending and supporting the project according to the programme. Your ability to clearly and accurately record and report on who said what, when and why will be vital throughout the project.
This role will involve face-to-face contact within the community, being the direct link between property owners, tenants, the client and ourselves, dealing with enquiries from the public; communicating with numerous businesses, rate-payers and residents regarding either building repair or infrastructure build activities; producing and delivering communication material (e.g. newsletters, web content, meetings etc); administration support and reporting for the project team, just to name a few!
You will be an unflappable, organised, high performing team player with outstanding customer service skills. You will be able to work across all relevant parts of the team and see where you can actively add value, decrease risk, and solve problems. You can defuse frustrated people with empathy and clarity without over-promising. You believe that this job is worth doing, and it shows. To succeed you must have the following skills and attributes:
- A listener - Exceptional EQ, customer service, and relationship management skills
- Qualified - Benchmarked in communications and/or stakeholder management
- Reliable - Supports colleagues in a challenging, high performing and dynamic workplace
- Experienced - Managing a team within an infrastructure or construction delivery team environment, in developing communication and engagement plans and maintaining positive relationships with a melting pot of personalities.
- Communication minded – Be able to use plain English communications for the general public in one hand and in the other produce high level documents.
- Knowledgeable - Understands consent conditions, DWP’s, local government processes, risks to reputation and demands relevant to construction
- Responsive - Forms solutions that give effect to what the wider team is seeking to achieve
- Database savvy - Reports the facts, the timeframes, and the proven interaction history
- Safe, fit -You will be in a complex construction environment, and promoting and demonstrating your resolute commitment to safety is critical. You knock on a lot of doors, and you will be active on construction sites with varying conditions.
- Smart - Working across managers, client, crew members, technicians, the public, stakeholders of all kinds with a deep knowledge of each project
So, let’s hit the ground running. Apply online today www.downercareers.co.nz reference 568550.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.