|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Experience with employment laws, regulations and HR priorities with specific experience in Australia and New Zealand.
- Experience implementing people strategies that improve recruitment, retention, development, mobility and culture.
- Experience in analyzing data and developing recommendations for action based on the analysis and trend.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Experience as an HR Business Partner with expertise in talent, performance and development initiatives, change management, and employee relations.
- Experience leading and implementing global, large-scale HR operational projects, including system applications, risk management/mitigation, and change management, business readiness, communications, and training activities.
- Ability to influence and partner with all levels of leadership to drive continuous improvement and organizational change.
About the job
As Google’s global footprint grows, so does the operational complexities, compliance risks, and cultural nuances that are unique to the markets (sites, countries and regions) where we work. To address these complexities, our Market HR team will offer a structured, location-based approach for delivering HR support.
The Market HR Cluster Lead, based in Sydney, will oversee a set of strategically grouped markets to own and deliver respective HR strategies across Australia and New Zealand. They will mitigate risks, nurture culture, and handle unique people challenges. The role will drive a One Google experience and work with counterparts across APAC and the greater Market HR team.
You will build and manage relationships within People Operations and across site leadership to develop and execute Australia and New Zealand site plans. you will demonstrate your HR business partnership knowledge working in Australia and New Zealand markets, with specific depth in employment law, compliance, culture development and talent strategy. You will be able to balance strategic and tactical work when needed, diving deep on risk identification and resolution as well as surfacing those themes to inform and drive the people plans.
The clusters are subject to change based on business needs.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as "Human Resources"). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants, and analysts, we're the advocates of Google's colorful culture. In People Ops, we "find them, grow them, and keep them". We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Build partnerships with Legal, Integrity, Compliance, and Employee Relations teams to create forward-looking solutions that are specific to Australia and New Zealand.
- Identify local employment and compliance risks and partner with critical stakeholders, such as Employee Relations, Legal, and Compliance, to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Lead People Operations-related audits and regulatory reviews initiated by local governments and external entities to ensure compliance.
- Act as point of contact for Center of Excellence (COE) to provide input to new solutions and services and support COE in driving change in Australia and New Zealand.
- Work with senior management across multiple product areas and functions in Australia and New Zealand to foster a united leadership body.