|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is currently providing a virtual model of the real world – at a scale and detail that hasn’t been done before. At Nearmap, we have an appetite for high performing individuals, and we are currently searching for an additional Senior QA Engineer.
As Senior QA Engineer you will work across two teams and products. The first team is only just getting started and is based around 3D roof geometry extraction. The other is an established team with an existing QA engineer. You will assist them in testing our core product; Mapbrowser, which is a web-based application that allows users to interact with high resolution aerial imagery, both 2D and 3D. Mapbrowser includes a large number of inbuilt tools which assist the end user in their everyday tasks. You will be responsible for testing new features and fixes within this product and contributing to our suite of automated Selenium regression tests.
We use an open-minded agile approach to software development and are always looking for ways to improve our processes. As a member of the QA team your opinion and ideas will be valued, and you will have the opportunity to grow and make impactful decisions.
A bit more about the culture…
At Nearmap, every opinion matters, our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
A typical day for you may look like this…
- Reviewing backlog Jira tickets and add use cases and test cases.
- Reviewing Jira tickets and identify Selenium tests to be written.
- Performing functional, exploratory, integration and cross browser testing, including on mobile devices.
- Writing automated Selenium tests.
- Reviewing developer pull requests to check for appropriate unit test coverage.
- Performing manual regression testing on product areas that are not automated.
- Creating clear and concise defect reports.
- Working closely with the Engineers on the team during feature development.
- Liaising with the System Analysts and other stakeholders to define the acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Working with support on issues raised by customers, providing advice and initial assessment of the problems.
- Working with UX designers to provide feedback on usability and design.
- Working closely with wider Engineering team to contribute to improvement initiatives.
- Embracing test automation and look at ways to improve test automation frameworks & tools.
More about what you need to bring…
- 5+ years’ experience working in a QA/Senior QA role.
- Experience in functional, integration, regression, performance, and scalability testing of distributed systems.
- Experience writing Selenium automated tests.
- Experience writing API automated tests.
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Familiarity with tools; Jira, Github, Postman.
- Excellent ability to absorb new information, and complicated concepts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to drive outcomes with end-to-end ownership.
Some of our perks include…
- Competitive pay, bonus plan and Employee Share Scheme
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development
- Ergonomic workstations with sit stand desks
- Fortnightly massages
- Free reign of Nearmap’s products
- Free healthy breakfast, snacks & lunches available in our kitchen with water views
- An allowance to help you focus on your well being
If this experience excites you and you are ready to join the Nearmap family, please apply!
Watch our culture video below and find out more about what a day at Nearmap looks like!