|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re an energy delivery service that owns and operates Victoria’s largest network of electricity and gas infrastructure. We move energy through these networks from where it’s made to where it’s used in more than one million homes and businesses.
What we do matters to our nation. At AusNet Services, you’re part of a diverse, inclusive and collaborative team that’s dedicated to bringing safe, efficient and reliable energy to millions of Australians, and you can be certain that safety comes first in everything we do.
Our communities 'energy needs are changing – and we’re changing to meet them. So when you work for us, you’re shaping the energy future of our communities.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce truly representative of the communities we serve and an inclusive culture that genuinely honours, nurtures and creates opportunities for increased capability and performance.
What you will be delivering:
As the Metering Services Gas Team Lead with extensive leadership experience you provide industry expertise in Gas Metering market rules and obligations and actively monitor and report AusNet Services performance and provide regulatory audits responses. You will also be responsible for day-to-day operations of AusNet Services gas metering team including the collection and provision of gas meter data, market transfers, disconnections and service order management.
The Gas Metering Services Team Lead will manage a team comprised of 4 onshore and 4 offshore resources. You will support contract management activities for AusNet Services 3rd party providers including preparing forecasts, accruals, raising purchase orders and monthly performance reporting. You will also Act as a health and safety leader to ensure the wellbeing of all AusNet Services and 3rd party resources. You will also be responsible for the management and maintenance of relationships and performance with our offshore support, and industry stakeholders.
This is an excellent as its broad in its responsibilities. You will have the opportunity to utilise your strong leadership experience and your gas distribution knowledge to assist with:
- Daily management of the Metering Services gas team to ensure accurate and timely collection of meter reads, completion of special reads and disconnection service orders and customer transfer processing.
- Leading and Championing safety and Mission Zero initiatives within gas metering space including building relationships with AusNet Services HSEQ team.
- Providing leadership to operational team members including developing annual development plans and performance goal and drive a transparent and trusting culture within the team.
- Providing subject matter expertise relating to gas metering market rules and obligations across Gas Distribution System Code and Retail Market Procedures.
- Supporting management of the Gas Metering Reading (GMR) contract from an operations standpoint including developing strong relationships with our 3rd party provider and accurate monitoring of performance.
- Providing insight into the performance of the offshore Delivery Partner and adherence to the SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Developing and maintain strong relationships with industry participants including AEMO and Gas Retailers.
- Liaising with technology to identify opportunities to improve operational performance
- Identifying and maintaining key business risks for gas operations and develop actions plans to mitigate each risk.
- Developing, in conjunction with Reporting and Analytics stream, requirements for gas operations.
- Liaising with regulatory teams to evaluate proposed industry rule changes and provide input on impact to business operations.
What we like about you
- 5+ years 'experience within the energy/utilities industry
- Strong knowledge regarding market rules related to Gas Metering in Australian Energy Market.
- Experience managing a small geographically dispersed operations team
- Experience in data analysis and/or business analytics (preferred)
- Ability to build relationships with industry participants
- Financial acumen to generate purchase orders, provide financial budget forecasts and reconcile invoices.
- Working knowledge of technologies including Hansen Hub, SAP and MVRS (preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to quickly build rapport with a wide variety of stakeholder groups.
- Strong analytical lateral thinker and to be able to think outside the square
- Strong work ethic and a ‘get the job done 'mentality
- An empathetic leader who can support team members and develop strong bonds within a team.
What you will enjoy
- A friendly, diverse and supportive team environment focused on achieving results
- Access to Social Club and community-based support activities
- A wide range of employee benefits such as salary sacrifice options & Private Health Discounts
- A company that supports work and family commitments that is underpinned by values and policies that promote diversity and inclusiveness
- On-going development and career opportunities
- Plus More!