|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are:
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Defence Systems is seeking to engage a Linux Systems Developer to support our Cyberspace Program. The duties include designs, code reviews, tests, documentations, and refactors complex programs/scripts and integration software services as well as contributing to the software development approach, adhering to predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Linux systems programming – C and C++
- Scripting – Bash and Python
- GNU/Linux operating system internals – Debian , RedHat , CentOS
The ideal candidate should have at least 5-8 years of experience in a dedicated software engineering / coding role in a software development organisation with demonstrated experience in:
- Network programming
- Software testing
- System and network administration
- Tertiary undergraduate degree (Mandatory)
- Tertiary postgraduate degree (desirable but not required)
- Relevant industry certification (desirable but not required)
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment
- A growing business where opportunities are favourable
- A great team where you are empowered to lead
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Leave Purchases
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums)
Candidates must be Australian citizens , ideally with a minimum Baseline security clearance, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
Apply today or contact Recruitment Team on 0474 444 031 for further details.
(Please note: Downer Group does not accept applications via email).