|Job Type:||Full Time, Part Time|
- Salary packaging - to suit your personal and financial circumstances
- Flexible work arrangements - work in a way that suits you best
- Opportunity to influence large scale consulting engagements
We are seeking a motivated and capable Manager to join the Deloitte Consulting - Investment & Wealth Advisory team in Sydney with a focus on operating model design and conducting operational due diligence reviews for our asset owner and investment manager clients.
About the team
The Investment & Wealth Advisory team sits within the within Deloitte's Consulting business.
The Investment & Wealth Advisory team are highly experienced and specialised management consultant professionals who help their clients to solve complex business issues by combining process with deep industry knowledge and expertise.
By working across a broad range of clients including superannuation funds, asset owners and investment managers, you will gain an exceptional understanding of the end-to-end operating models of these businesses, while strengthening your overall understanding of the investment and wealth management space.
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in investment markets, strong analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative) as well as strong presentation and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will have previous experience in the Investment Management industry gained at either a custodian, investment manager, superannuation fund or a professional services firm and have successfully delivered one or more of our core client solutions.
What will your typical day look like?
Your role focuses on working with a market leading team to deliver on engagements within the Investment and Wealth arena, leveraging your experience, business analysis and project management skills. Responsibilities might include:
- Perform detailed operational risk analysis on investment managers.
- Perform current state assessments and assist with the design of the target operating models.
- Clearly and succinctly document your analysis and conclusions.
- Deliver quality output in a timely manner.
- Contribute to our thought leadership and research, with the aim of re-enforcing our ambition to be a recognised industry leader.
- Participate in assessing opportunities and support client relationship development and sales process.
- Actively support the preparation for client proposal responses, planning approach, delivery and resource allocation.
- Provide support to the engagement manager with the set-up of engagements and the monitoring of budgets and invoicing.
- Build client relationships via successful delivery of engagements.
- Build and maintain relationships with external service providers and vendors and understanding of their offering.
- Develop and maintain successful internal and external networks.
- Actively share knowledge and provide coaching and guidance to junior staff.
Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- A Bachelor and/or master's degree in finance, quantitative finance, accounting, economics. Studying for CFA/CIMA/CAIA will be considered favourably.
- 3-5 years of experience working in either a consulting and/or professional services environment, superannuation, investment operations or asset management.
- Exposure in a client-service environment and demonstrated ability to understand the needs of a client and translate into action.
- High performance focus with the ability to work cohesively in a team or individually, in order to deliver high quality outcomes.
- Advanced data gathering and analytical capabilities.
- Strong report writing skills including preparation of presentations.
- Strong MS Office skills (incl. Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), including well-developed presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively at different levels.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
If you've got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Aditi Aggarwal from the Talent Acquisition team. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.