|Job Type:||Full Time|
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Client Technical Specialist to join us in the growing cloud space. You will use your passion and your vast knowledge hybrid or generational cloud and data management to help our client achieve maximum storage potential within their businesses.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Act as the point of contact for both IBM and the client on cloud related topics
- Understand the client's environment in order to design specific solutions, articulate/demonstrate the benefits, differentiate from competitive offerings and remove technical inhibitors to the sale
- Provide continuous improvement to clients
- Leverage newly consolidated software defined storage FlashSystem range combined with IBM Hybrid-Multicloud Storage architecture incorporating Red Hat, to deliver high valued solutions with Federal and local Canberra clients
What skills and experience will I need?
- Domain strong expertise in data storage and cloud data solution design
- Ability to influence others in order to achieve results
- Proven experience of participating/leading technical activities to win opportunities in large complex and competitive client environment
- Strong desire and demonstrated ability to learn, grow and perfect craft
- Demonstrated ability to get hands-on involvement in the delivery of storage solution proof-of-concepts and prototypes
- Proven background of working with ISV partners and storage ecosystems
- Advisor level capability with Red Hat including ability to discuss with acumen, the advantages of enterprise capable platforms based on OpenShift as part of IBM strategic acquisition of Red Hat
- Possess interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Results oriented emphasis on taking the initiative and driving actions to completion
- A 10+ year track record as a technical specialist (including 3+ year of technical sales experience)
- Ability to lead cross-brand technical teams to deliver hybrid cloud data solutions (on-prem/off-prem)
- You are comfortable with building your personal brand along with IBM in a social network setting. You will be happy to lead discussions online, participate and lead with local and national events and engage in social scenarios such as meetups while demonstrating your expertise as an IBM technical specialist
Due to the client facing nature of this role, travel to customer sites in Canberra will be required at least 2 days per week.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
We live in an era of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and technology are transforming industries, society, and even the workplace by creating professions that didn't exist before the emergence of cognitive computing, cloud, analytics, social, mobile and security. The initial move to public cloud for most enterprises has focused on simple workloads and applications in the periphery. Now, enterprises are looking to bring their more sophisticated and critical applications to the public cloud but in a mix that includes private infrastructure in a hybrid scenario.
With concerns around regulations and sound design principles, there is a growing need for organisations to focus on platforms that deliver the upmost in regard to compliance, security and management. With this journey, IBM has removed the barriers and limitations found with most public cloud providers and with the acquisition of Red Hat, has emerged as battle-tested, trusted and proven public, hybrid and multicloud leader ready now to meet our clients’ needs for running and transforming their core business.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
As the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, IBM is a leader in this global transformation and we encourage you to consider being part of this new team.
As a requirement to support the growth within the IBM Systems Storage Team, we are seeking a Client Technical Specialist to design and deliver data focused and hybrid-multicloud Storage solutions as part of the A/NZ storage team within the Canberra region - including federal customers.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.