|Job Type:||Full Time|
It’s an exciting time here at ING and we are looking for a Paralegal to support our Legal team, here in Sydney.
The successful candidate will be a career paralegal with a high level of organisational, planning, communication and interpersonal skills. You should have extensive experience working in an in-house or private practice role with exposure to the financial services sector. Given the breadth of the role, the candidate must be able to quickly adapt to changing legal issues and be willing to learn and develop their legal skills.
Working in this role means working in a highly dynamic international, changeable and challenging environment where you will form an integral part of ING’s legal function and work with a wide variety of departments at local, regional, and global levels. You will work closely with legal and non-legal colleagues in a driven and friendly atmosphere.
What are you going to do?
- Undertake preliminary reviews of product disclosure statements, marketing collateral, customer communications and third party/supplier communications.
- Prepare initial drafts of all manner of contracts, agreements, internal and external communications utilising approved templates. Undertaking preliminary reviews of non-template documents and agreements as required.
- Undertake research on relevant legal issues and assisting with the preparation of legal advice on general banking queries.
- Assist in the review and maintenance of local policies, procedural documents and guidelines in order to comply with regulatory requirements and the strategic objectives of the Legal Function.
- Reviews of subpoenaed material.
- Identify any legal issues or concerns which may arise from the work performed across the Legal Function
- Preparation of timely and accurate legal research.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of applicable precedents and how and when they should be used.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of applicable procedures and processes and evidence of compliance
- Contribute to the timely provision of services by the Legal Function across all areas of ING Australia’s operations.
- Prioritise competing instructions from a multitude of lawyers and business units.
- Keep abreast of issues across a broad spectrum of legal areas - retail banking, procurement, wholesale banking and superannuation / insurance functions.
- Identify potential legal issues relevant to a legal matter and escalating those issues in an appropriate manner.
- Keep abreast of the procedural and regulatory requirements of ING.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a paralegal gained in private practice (with exposure to financial services clients) or at a financial services organisation.
- Post-secondary qualifications in relevant areas such as law and financial services.
- Experience in drafting and reviewing contracts and agreements.
- Corporate procurement experience.
- Experience in reviewing marketing material and communications.
- Retail banking + Superannuation and/or insurance experience.
- Subpoena compliance experience.
- Strong research skills.
- An understanding of relevant prudential and reporting standards.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills to manage a large number of competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- A team player, willing to help others when necessary.
- Self-motivated, proactive, willing to learn.
- Ability to perform at a high level under pressure.
- Commercial maturity.
- High degree of energy.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.