|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft we have a clear and simple mission – To empower every person and organisation on the planet to achieve more. The chance to do that, at scale, is nowhere greater than in the Worldwide Public Sector team.
Are you passionate about accelerating impact for our Public Sector business to support citizens and the digital transformation of countries around the world?
We are looking for professional Capture Managers to drive our long-term, strategic engagement and digital transformation with Public Sector customers. This is a senior role working across sales, engineering and leadership teams to manage selected opportunities from early engagement through to award and early execution of the program.
The Capture Manager is charged with winning Public Sector strategic, large transformation opportunities. The candidate must identify the resources needed to qualify and pursue the opportunity; interface with the customer, and oversee win, team, price, and proposal strategies.
The Capture Manager will leverage a virtual team and work across Microsoft. The role will require deep collaboration, a willingness to learn and a commitment to continual improvement.
We immediately seek a professional with an understanding of Government procurement practices who can lead a pursuit and support complex proposal development. Candidates who already have contacts and connections within government entities in the region are preferred. Eligibility to meet required security clearance or meet nationality / citizenship requirements (specific to the hiring location) is essential.
The candidate will be a highly determined, self-motivated individual who fosters cross- organisational relationships and builds trusted customer connections to compete and win in the Public Sector IT market.
- Provide leadership across the company and externally with customers as part of Microsoft’s Capture efforts for specific Public Sector opportunities.
- Champion Microsoft’s Cloud solutions across Government and other Public Sector organisations, ethically influencing key decision makers.
- Understand and assess the customer’s issues, needs, and program requirements.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of competitive positioning and price-to-win. Assess Microsoft’s position compared to likely competitors and craft a strategy to respond effectively.
- Engage with marketing, sales, engineering, product, legal, compliance & services leadership to define winning strategies and messages.
- Create and maintain a detailed and accurate Capture Plan and facilitate key opportunity decision gate and color team reviews.
- Monitor and track action items identified in the Capture Plan.
- Lead executive reviews working with Microsoft Corporate, Country and Public Sector leaders.
- Support pre-sales activities, including gaining funding and resources as well as required technical activities.
- Support proposal development and work closely with proposal teams, as required.
- Ensure smooth transitions throughout including post-award activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 10+ years working experience in a combination of capture management, business development, sales or public sector procurement roles with an emphasis on Public Sector experience
- Knowledge of, and work experience with, Government agencies, specific Government programs, and the Government sales cycle as it relates to large mission support capture pursuits.
- Proficient in presentation and storytelling
- Demonstrable experience developing partnerships by collaborating and influencing across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Ability to work successfully across a complex, highly matrixed environment
- Demonstrable skills in all aspects of planning, communications, analytical capabilities and attention to detail.
- Passion and proven record for revenue generation and capture management with measurable results.
- Proven interpersonal skills, innovation, and the ability to motivate, inspire, and lead cross group/functional teams with a high degree of independence and success
- Verbal and written communications skills across a geographically dispersed audience
- Must hold Australian Citizenship
- Must have baseline Security Clearance (or higher) and eligibility to obtain higher levels of Security Clearance
- Knowledge of Microsoft’s solutions with a level of technical expertise, particularly Cloud technologies and workloads.
- Understanding of the Shipley Methodology or other best practice for Capture and Proposal Management.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.