|Job Type:||Full Time|
CPB Contractors, as part of the Rail Infrastructure Alliance (RIA), has been named as the Victorian Government’s preferred proponent to deliver a $1 billion package of works in support of the $11 billion Metro Tunnel Project.
CPB Contractors and John Holland are equal construction partners in the RIA, with AECOM as the design partner. The RIA also comprises project owner Rail Projects Victoria (formerly the Melbourne Metro Rail Authority) and operational franchisee Metro Trains Melbourne.
About the Project
This is the second package of Metro Tunnel works to be delivered by CPB Contractors, following the award of a $1 billion design and construct contract as part of the Rail Systems Alliance (RSA) in December 2017.
Construction has commenced and will be completed by 2025.
This fourth major works package for the Metro Tunnel Project covers the existing Sunbury rail line between the western tunnel entrance in South Kensington and Tottenham, and the Dandenong rail line between the eastern tunnel entrance in South Yarra and Caulfield Station.
Major works for the Alliance includes the design and construction of entrance structures that will interface with Metro Tunnel works at South Yarra and South Kensington and major Rail Upgrade works in the Western Railway Corridor.
We are now recruiting for experienced Senior Quality Engineers to join our Metro Tunnel Rail Infrastructure Project team based in Kensington.
About the role
As a Senior Quality Engineers on this project, your role will have the responsibilities for but not be limited to:
- Monitor the progress of construction quality and verification processes in accordance with the contract documents and the QMP.
- Support Quality Engineers with the preparation and/or review of Activity Method Statements (AMS), work process documentation (including construction procedures, ITPs and checklists) in accordance with the QMP.
- Evaluate and inspect suppliers/subcontractors’ quality systems, processes and products.
- Monitor and review subcontractors' quality deliverables to ensure they fulfil their quality obligations.
- Monitor construction work lots progress and coordinate inspection of works/products with the Quality Engineers.
- Support the Quality Engineers with audits/inspections reports in accordance with the audit/inspections schedule and identify, report and investigate the cause of on/off site non-conforming work.
- Review proposed correction and corrective action to address non-conformance and audit findings. Re-inspect to confirm compliance and corrective actions are effective.
- Support the Quality Engineers with the review of compliance records and to achieve close out of construction work lots.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve the project quality management system, processes and product.
- Support the QA/Completion Manager to compile data and information for the weekly/monthly quality performance reports.
- Participate in meetings to discuss quality performance and resolve quality issues.
- Conduct quality/management system training (where required), and
- Assist the Completions Manager with implementing the Completion and Handover strategy to achieve the Project Area Practical Completion target dates, where required.
To be successful in this key role, you must have:
- Previous experience as a Senior Quality Engineer on large scale projects or similar role.
- Experience within Rail/Infrastructure projects is preferable.
- Sound computer analytical skills.
- Aconex, TeamBinder, SharePoint, Bluebeam, Project Pack Web and PowerBI systems experience will be highly regarded.
- The ability to work autonomously and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities across multiple geographical working groups/teams.
- Proven time management, good problem-solving skills, excellent attention to detail, and a sound analytical/methodical approach to quality, and
Demonstrate a positive attitude, process & result driven, good communication skills and a can-do/achieve attitude.
If you are interested in these roles and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note this role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.