|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the opportunity
As the Maintenance Planner at Alcoa, it is essential to be able to balance current and predicted equipment condition information against business needs to produce an efficient schedule of activities which you can communicate across the operations centre. Plus, you’ll need to do this through effective engagement at all levels and with a high level of autonomy to know how to drive the schedule and get the information you need.
The core aspects of the role include:
- Ensures a complete register of all equipment, mechanical, electrical, instrument and civil in a designated area is produced and maintained.
- Ensure the database of spares for all equipment is established and maintained.
- Close liaison with engineering, maintenance and equipment manufacturers.
- Maximise equipment availability whilst maintaining tight cost controls.
- Utilising data to produce monthly, quarterly and yearly schedules, factoring in future activities and in turn requirements for pre-ordering major spares.
- Assist in financial budgeting and forecasting.
- Contribute to the efficiency of equipment.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all computer-based maintenance systems and ensure that relevant data is retrieved, entered and kept up to date on all equipment.
This role is one of our top 10 high-volume roles for Australia hence as part of our talent in demand program we are currently seeking the best future talent for our operations. So, could you be our next Maintenance Planner?
For the right candidate, flexible work arrangements would be considered for this role. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
As a nationally recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusion, Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success you will have:
- Relevant trade certification ideally TAFE post trade cert in Engineering or engineering related discipline.
- Experience of working within a maintenance role within heavy industry or manufacturing.
- Strong computer literacy skills and an ability to pick up and learn new systems and procedures easily.
- Excellent communication skills to engage with people across our operations centres.
- Self-motivation and ability to use your own initiative to solve problems.
- Strong attention to detail to maintain accurate maintenance records.
If you can prioritize the demands of operations to deliver a robust schedule to maximise production and minimise cost whilst being passionate about maintenance and problem solving in a fast-paced environment - then we want to hear from you!
About where you may work
Kwinana Alumina Refinery is located 40 kilometres south of Perth in the Kwinana Industrial Area. It is a major employer in the area with approximately 850 employees. An estimated 48 per cent of employees live in the neighbouring communities of Kwinana, Cockburn and Rockingham.
Pinjarra Alumina Refinery is located 90 kilometres south of Perth, a 30-minute drive from the coastal city of Mandurah and six kilometres, or a 10-minute drive, east of the regional town of Pinjarra. It is situated in the Peel region of Western Australia, within the Shire of Murray and is a major regional employer with approximately 1000 employees.
Wagerup Alumina Refinery is located on the border of Western Australia’s Peel and South West regions, 130 kilometres south of Perth, four kilometres north of Yarloop and 13 kilometres south of Waroona. Wagerup refinery employs approximately 600 people and of those, around 30 per cent live in the local shires of Waroona and Harvey.
Thursday 2 April 2020
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
- Find out more about working for Alcoa in Australia at www.alcoa.com.au/opportunities-aus
About Alcoa in Australia?
- Alcoa employs approximately 4,000 people in Western Australia and Victoria; most of our employees live regionally and our head office is in the Perth suburb of Booragoon.
- Alcoa has been named an employer of choice for 17 consecutive years by the Federal Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
- Alcoa is an active and supportive partner in the community. The company sponsors ideas and opportunities important to local people such as addressing mental health, inspiring youth, promoting environmental education and highlighting health and safety.
- Alcoa has been contributing economically and socially in Western Australia and Victoria for more than 56 years. More than 65 per cent of Alcoa’s Australian annual revenue stays in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalties, capital investment and dividends to Australian shareholders.