|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the opportunity
Are you passionate about people and can optimise maintenance solutions for our business? Then we want to hear from you!
As part of our talent in demand program, we have analysed the top 10 high-volume roles within our Australia based operations, hence we would now like to speak with experienced and talented Maintenance Superintendents who are interested in pursuing a career with Alcoa.
Our Maintenance Superintendents provide leadership and support to our operations enabling us to optimise the utilisation of our resources and in turn meeting production and operational targets. Effective and systematic problem solving to increase the overall effectiveness of our equipment and people, is a key success factor for this position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Set business objectives for the department and translate these effectively to your team.
- Ensure that maintenance and equipment care activities are meeting operating requirements.
- Review and report against objectives providing effective feedback, support and recognition.
- Ensure the correct reporting systems are implemented and are identifying problems efficiently.
- Work to maintain and improve safety, environment, cost and production activities.
- Drive a safety-first culture throughout all areas of the operation ensuring that systems and tools are in place to achieve zero injuries.
- Continually develop talent within your team and ensure you create a diverse and inclusive culture with an emphasis on collaboration and team work.
For the right candidate, flexible work arrangements would be considered for this role. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
As a nationally recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusion, Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success you will have:
- A track record within a maintenance leadership role within mining, heavy industry or refining
- A leadership style that promotes inclusiveness, collaboration and team work.
- Ability set and exceed objectives and act as an integral driver of performance.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with a high level of innovation to ensure continuous improvements are achieved.
- A safety-first attitude where you lead from the front in ensuring the highest levels of HSE standards are achieved.
About where you will work
Kwinana Alumina Refinery is located 40 kilometres south of Perth in the Kwinana Industrial Area. It is a major employer in the area with approximately 850 employees. An estimated 48 per cent of employees live in the neighbouring communities of Kwinana, Cockburn and Rockingham.
Pinjarra Alumina Refinery is located 90 kilometres south of Perth, a 30-minute drive from the coastal city of Mandurah and six kilometres, or a 10-minute drive, east of the regional town of Pinjarra. It is situated in the Peel region of Western Australia, within the Shire of Murray and is a major regional employer with approximately 1000 employees.
Wagerup Alumina Refinery is located on the border of Western Australia’s Peel and South West regions, 130 kilometres south of Perth, four kilometres north of Yarloop and 13 kilometres south of Waroona. Wagerup refinery employs approximately 600 people and of those, around 30 per cent live in the local shires of Waroona and Harvey.
Thursday 2 April 2020
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
- Find out more about working for Alcoa in Australia at www.alcoa.com.au/opportunities-aus
About Alcoa in Australia?
- Alcoa employs approximately 4,000 people in Western Australia and Victoria; most of our employees live regionally and our head office is in the Perth suburb of Booragoon.
- Alcoa has been named an employer of choice for 17 consecutive years by the Federal Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
- Alcoa is an active and supportive partner in the community. The company sponsors ideas and opportunities important to local people such as addressing mental health, inspiring youth, promoting environmental education and highlighting health and safety.
- Alcoa has been contributing economically and socially in Western Australia and Victoria for more than 56 years. More than 65 per cent of Alcoa’s Australian annual revenue stays in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalties, capital investment and dividends to Australian shareholders.