|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno currently has an opportunity for a motivated Cadet Drafter to join an established team of Project Managers, Engineers, Designers and Drafters based in our Cairns office. You will work with a team of professionals to deliver dynamic drafting solutions in all facets of civil infrastructure, land development and subdivision works.
As a Cadet Drafter you will -
- Learn all facets of CAD, drafting and design techniques and gain skills in relevant computer programs;
- Work under the guidance of our Engineers and Designers on civil and structural engineering projects; and
- Provide accurate and efficient drafting services for the Business Unit in accordance with project times and budgets, with detailed supervision.
To be successful you will display -
- Applicants will have successfully completed Grade 12 and have achieved a minimum of a Sound Achievement in Maths B
- A keen interest in Drafting and Design in the Engineering industry
- An ability to gain and apply knowledge of engineering drawing techniques and CAD packages
- Intermediate skills in MS Office (MS Word and MS Excel)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team environment
- An ability to problem solve and manage your time effectively
Cardno are willing to support career development in the industry by subsidising / enabling further education such as a Certificate IV in Civil Construction Design or similar.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.