|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Technical Support Engineer
(User Experience Team)
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
We are looking for an engineer with a passion for excellence. The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving challenging issues for ServiceNow partners and customers. This includes developing subject matter expertise within the customer support department and collaborating with other team members in the various technologies. The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform. This is a customer-facing role in a very collaborative environment and therefore it requires strong inter-personal skills.
Responsibilities and skills:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot the most difficult technical issues
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Must be proficient with analysing log files and standard debugging concept.
- Excellent client/ customer management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English - with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems
- Ability to work with high-value customer administrators and developers
- Excellent time management skill
- Must have knowledge of and experience in incident, problem, and change management as well as knowledgebase management, defect & escalation management.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience in a related field
- Strong experience working in Java or similar backend programming language
- Experience and understanding of Object Oriented Design
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack
- Familiarity with Linux, UNIX or other OS
- 5+ years providing customer facing technical support (Web based products or e-commerce preferred)
- Must have Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent degree and experience)
- Candidates will lesser experience will be considered for appropriate roles.
- Previous experience working with the ServiceNow platform (Client Scripts, UI Policies/Actions/Pages/Scripts/Macros, Service Portal and Widgets)
- Experience providing SaaS support is desirable.
Those we hire will be trained and mentored in these technologies as appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a growing base of customers globally. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous earning potential and the chance to expand their role in the company as we grow.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.