|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BAE Systems we have some of the smartest minds working to ensure Australia is at the forefront of technology and our Defence Force maintains the critical edge it needs.
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
It's a great place to start your career and a great time to join us.
On our team, you'll enjoy interesting work, an inclusive and safety focused culture, and family friendly, flexible work practices coupled with a unique and supportive graduate program.
As a Mechanical Engineer Graduate, you will be accountable for the design, development, implementation and testing of mechanical equipment as well as installing and managing the equipment against technical, schedule and cost goals.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you may, depending on your placement:
- Assist in the development and analysis of detailed designs to meet an established hardware architectural design
- Conduct analysis in any of the following areas: machine design, mechanics (statics and dynamics), vibration, acoustics, thermodynamics, heat transfer and fluid dynamics
- Undertake the translation of the mechanical equipment design into a manufacturable solution and incorporate changes as required
- Support the mechanical equipment manufacture to ensure its realisation and participate in production readiness reviews
- Support equipment integration and validation to ensure that the design meets its requirements
- Support mechanical equipment qualification activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Utilise appropriate design capture and analysis tools effectively to enable design tasks to be completed in the most timely manner
- Utilise appropriate test tools effectively to enable test, integration and verification tasks to be completed in the most timely manner
- Manage the mechanical engineering aspects within your responsibility in accordance with appropriate standard procedures and work instructions including compliance with the required product change management and quality control processes
These opportunities will be available in:
- Garden Island, NSW
- North Ryde, NSW
- Edinburgh Parks, SA
- Osborne, SA
- Richmond, VIC
- Williamstown, VIC
- Henderson, WA
Depending on your degree, you may be considered for adjacent disciplines that enables flexibility throughout the graduate program.
Your reward as a graduate on our team?
- A tailored graduate career plan
- Structured rotations
- An annual national graduate conference
- Extensive training and development
- Mentoring and support
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunities to collaborate with graduates across the country
To be eligible, you must be due to complete in 2020 (or have already completed) a university degree qualification in an appropriate discipline to the role you are applying for. You will also need demonstrated team work and communication skills coupled with a desire to grow and learn. Due to the nature of our work, you'll also need to be an Australian citizen and eligible for Australian Defence security clearance.
Applications will close on Sunday 12th April, 2020.
Applications must be made on line and must include:
- Current resume and cover letter
- Official academic transcripts to date
Unfortunately applications without a current resume and copy of an academic transcript will not be considered.
In terms of next steps in our process; all eligible applicants will be sent a link to complete a GradSift profile. From there, shortlisted applicants will then be invited to participate in a video interview. If you are not eligible or shortlisted for further consideration, we will let you know.
Subsequent stages of the recruitment process will include attending an assessment centre or interview, completing a psychometric assessment, reference checking and background screening in addition to pre-employment health assessments for some roles.
As the process unfolds, we will keep you informed as to the status of your application. We will also invite your feedback at the conclusion of the process no matter the outcome.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive start to your career awaits.