|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Downer Facilities Services & Utilities business (FS&U) is a leading provider of end-to-end services to owners of electricity, gas, water, transport and industrial assets across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. We design, construct, operate, maintain and manage assets and systems to deliver optimal results for owners and their customers.
As an Electrician with industrial experience in our Wellington team, you will provide construction and maintenance services of all network equipment and installations.
What's on offer?
A role with Downer can advance your career, expand your skills and have a positive impact upon your local community. A competitive remuneration package will ensure that we secure a person who can drive our performance to the next level. Full training, support and development is provided, along with all the gear you need to do your job!
You will need to have knowledge of the power distribution industry and:
- Relevant trade qualifications
- Electrical Registration and certificates with practicing license
- Current Class 1 Drivers Licence
- Sound knowledge of electrical test equipment, systems and procedures
- Underground Cable testing and Cable I’Ds
- Scada, Protection Relay Panel wiring and Comms Cabinet construction
- HV Switching Capability
- Underground construction skills
- Substation experience preferred
- A strong commitment to safety
- A strong work ethic with excellent time management skills
- Enthusiasm, integrity, honesty, punctuality and reliability
- Ability to work both within a team and independently
Note: A numeracy test will be required for short listed candidates.
If this sounds like the role for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 567787 to apply.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.