|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your Role and Responsibilities
Promontory Financial Group, an IBM Company, is the premier consulting firm for financial services companies worldwide. Promontory Financial Group excels at helping clients resolve critical issues, particularly those with a regulatory dimension. Promontory professionals have unparalleled regulatory experience and insight, and provide our clients with frank, proactive advice informed by best practices and regulatory expectations.
Promontory Australasia team contributes to the firm's global efforts to provide clients with solutions to challenging strategic, risk management, and regulatory compliance issues. Our client base in Australia includes Australia’s largest financial institutions and clients drawn from the public sector.
Our growing team of specialists offers Regulatory Liaison Advisory, Remediation, Compliance and Risk Management Advisory and Regulatory Framework Advisory services across Prudential, Conduct and AML/CTF Regulation. Promontory Australasia contributes to the firm's global efforts to provide clients with solutions to challenging strategic, risk management, and regulatory compliance issues.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with a financial planning remediation/audit background to join our Sydney operation on a fixed-term basis as an Associate to play a crucial role in remediation engagements for our clients. The successful candidate will come from a financial services and/or consulting background, with experience working on large financial advice remediation programs.
What are the responsibilities of the role?
- Contributing to relevant projects on a day-to-day basis to ensure delivery to schedule and budget.
- Working autonomously, undertaking analysis as directed.
- Reviewing advice files to ensure that the advice has been audited in accordance with regulatory expectations.
- Identifying errors or anomalies in analysis and escalating these to the management team.
- Assisting the generation of reports on exceptions.
- Performing reconciliations across documents and other information as required.
- Conducting research into new and emerging regulatory developments, or changes in industry practice.
- Working as part of a team to ensure the integrity of approach and performance.
- Participating in the QA process including peer reviews.
What skills will be needed?
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, simply and logically.
- Strong written communication skills with, the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Sound judgement, alongside strong organisational skills, including an ability to prioritise effectively.
- Strong understanding of the regulations which apply to our client base and the businesses in which they operate.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the engagement team on day-to-day aspects of engagement activities, receptive to exchange of ideas and constructive criticism.
- Drive, discipline and enthusiasm to work independently under pressure, and within tight deadlines with no loss of accuracy.
- Ability to work closely with, and communicate effectively with, clients and within all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance, or Law
- Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning
- RG 146 compliance
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in financial planning or related areas including remediation or auditing within a financial institution or professional services will be well regarded.
- Track record working in a fast-paced and unstructured environment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.