|Job Type:||Full Time|
Applicants must have work authorization in Australia. This role is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Sydney NSW, Australia; Melbourne VIC, Australia
- 15 years of experience in the Financial Services industry.
- Experience managing information technology and computer systems that support enterprise goals.
- Experience with Cloud technologies and machine learning.
- Established, actionable executive/C-suite relationships and reputation within the Financial Services sector across APAC.
- Experience helping customers in the industry to start their Cloud journeys, establishing business cases and program milestones.
- Understanding of the Financial Services industry, the key requirements facing business and IT leaders in the industry, and the needs from software solutions for the industry.
- Understanding of typical software solutions used by large customers in the industry from hardware, platform software, middleware, business applications, and SaaS.
- Ability to position the business value of Google’s technology to help with digital transformation of companies in the Financial Services industry.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
The Financial Services Industry Lead will be the executive responsible for creating and executing Google Cloud’s strategy in the Financial Services industry across APAC. In this role, you will drive Google’s business across the Financial Services industry by developing product solutions and go-to-market (GTM) approaches that resonate with major companies in the Financial Services space.
As the Financial Services Industry Lead, you will rely upon existing C-level relationships to open the door for Google Cloud solutions, displaying a talent for developing new, trusted relationships with key leaders in the industry. You'll also contribute excellent technical judgment in order to identify the specific market opportunities where Google’s technologies can benefit our clients while creating an excellent user experience. Additionally, you'll bring a consultative style, excellent business judgment, technical know-how, and integrity.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers & developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Define and lead a cohesive global strategy and execution for the Financial Services vertical, collaborating as needed across regions, product areas, and functions.
- Recruit, build, and lead a high-performing team that will execute the strategy from a technical and business perspective.
- Define a 3-5 year roadmap and set priorities, engage with Product Engineering and collaborate with other teams in order to execute on it.
- Influence the global product team in shaping the product roadmap by gathering actionable customer feedback and competitive insights to develop industry specific solutions from prototype to product.
- Initiate and build relationships with Financial Services companies across APAC. Represent Google at industry events, describing the benefits of working with Google to users, partners, and other industry players.