- Join ASX 100 finance leader – Australia’s Most Loved Bank!
- Senior Leadership Opportunity for an experienced Financial Crime & AML expert
- 12month max term contract.
Join one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where our vision is to create Australia’s Most Loved Bank! BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and competitive environment.
We support a flexible workplace and have a collaborative team environment. You will be part of our Group Compliance, Security & Business Resilience team based in our corporate HQ in Newstead, Brisbane.
In this key leadership position, you will be responsible for reducing the Bank’s exposure to financial crimes, regulatory compliance and minimise the Bank’s non-lending losses by providing leading-edge financial crimes detection, systems and analytics services.
Specifically you will:
- Providing leadership and guidance to the Financial Crimes Detection Team and the AML Operations Team
- Ensure the financial crimes alert functions and Financial Crimes Officers (FCO’s) are managed to ensure fraud losses are minimised and a professional, efficient fraud alert monitoring service is provided to the Bank and customers
- Ensure the development, support and maintenance of analytical frameworks, operational and quantitative analytical techniques to anticipate, identify, quantify and manage the detection of fraud and financial crime incidents and the AML alerts are effective in a regulatory environment
- Ensure the AML/CTF detection system is operating effectively to ensure unusual and suspicious transactions and other AML/CTF related activity is identified and escalated appropriately; and
- Ensure that there is an active link between Group Compliance (Compliance Framework) and Line 1 business units
- Provide subject matter expertise to the business and education where required
With relevant tertiary qualifications, you will have proven expertise in both AML and Financial Crimes compliance, detection, assessment and response, coupled with expert understanding in AML and PEP’s legislation, regulations and reporting protocols. Naturally, you will demonstrate;
- Proven experience as a financial crime manager (or similar) with a financial services institution
- Demonstrated capability with at least one area of financial crimes monitoring such as card, internet and/or merchant fraud
- Knowledge and understanding of using IT tools in the financial services industry
- Significant understanding and experience in analytical software and ability to quickly identify and master new analytics software tools
- Demonstrated understanding of BCM and security operations
As a distinguished leader, you are differentiated from your peers due to your highly developed analytical and problem solving skills, strong people leadership capabilities, coupled with outstanding communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
N.B. This is a 12month max term contract.
BOQ culture and benefits
Work for one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where our vision is to create Australia’s Most Loved Bank! BOQ are passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and competitive environment.
We support a flexible workplace.
- Discounted financial products
- Salary packaging options
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Gym discounts and much more!
How to apply:
To apply for this role please follow the links, alternatively you can view the role on our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
BOQ is a member of the Australian Bankers’ Association and has subscribed to the Conduct Background Check Protocol (Protocol). Under the Protocol, from 1 October 2017, BOQ will contact any previous employer/s who are also part of this association to provide a Conduct Check of any potential employee.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.**