|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O'Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry.
About the role
Laing O'Rourke are recruiting for a Design Cost Planner / Estimator to join the South Eastern Program Alliance team based in Richmond, VIC.
Laing O’Rourke, as part of the South East Program Alliance (SEPA), has been awarded the contract to remove the dangerous and congested level crossing at Toorak Road and deliver a new $89M rail bridge over the road, and is also working with LXRP, Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) and Jacobs to develop and deliver value-for-money engineering solutions for multiple level crossing removals.
The Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) is a delivery entity created by the Victorian Government to remove 75 dangerous and congested level crossings across Victoria by 2025. It is one of the largest rail infrastructure projects in Victoria’s history.
Our current pipeline of works includes major station upgrades, track duplications and a range of other critical rail infrastructure works.
- Prepare quantities, estimates, quantities, and cost plans for projects under the guidance of the Estimating Manager or Commercial Manager.
- Develop elemental cost plans based on schematic design drawings to inform decision making within the Alliance.
- Update cost plans and budgets throughout the design process.
- Develop and enforce a disciplined cost planning process within the project.
- Engage in the cost aspects of value engineering workshops.
- Implement the conversion process from a cost plan to construction budgets. Assist where required in the procurement phase of the projects.
- Actively engage in the design development process leading the design team to produce documentation that facilitates the requirements of the cost plan.
Degree in Engineering, Quantity surveying or similar, along with experience in the construction industry in a comparable role.
Advanced experience in Cost Planning, Risk Identification and contract negotiation.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.