|Job Type:||Full Time|
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
About the Project
The M80 Ring Road Upgrade is a $331 million investment to upgrade the 4 kilometre section between Sydney Road and Edgars Road.
The upgrade will include the widening and realignment of ramps, the construction of additional lanes, structural works, installation of a smart freeway management system, street lighting, traffic barriers, noise walls and landscaping.
When complete, the M80 Ring Road upgrade will provide more reliable connections to major freeways and interstate links including the Hume Highway, future North East Link, Princes and West Gate Freeways and the future West Gate Tunnel.
Construction is expected to begin in early 2020 and the project is due for completion by early 2023.
We are currently seeking applications from experienced subject matter experts to manage the implementation and verification of our Penetration Permit System acting as GPP Coordinator. The GPP Coordinator shall be accountable for the system to ensure the safe and compliant management of working in and around services and assets.
As GPP Coordinator, you will be accountable for:
- Ensuring the coordination and consultation with asset owners to ensure all requirements and approvals are achieved before penetration works in and around services and assets
- Conducting site inspections to verify agreed control measures to commence precise location of services and utilities
- Review and approve application to commence works through consultation and assessment of all service drawings and planning information
- Coordinate site inspection to verify control measures to prior to the commencement of works where there may be a risk to striking services or assets
- Verify, revalidate and close out any permits within the Penetration Permit System
- Implementing an underground service data management system to capture, update and classify all underground assets within suitable timeframes to protect underground assets from damage by other user groups
- Creating an incident reporting process to thoroughly investigate and identify casual factors and implementation of corrective actions to prevent recurrence
Requirements for this role are:
- Proven experience and qualification in utility assets and services
- Proven experience in permit systems within the civil infrastructure sector with a Tier 1 contractor
- Demonstrated experience in the management of Tier 3 Contractors in delivery of civil/structures work scope
- Demonstrated programming skills with experience in multi-discipline interfaces
- Safety, environmental and quality focus in project delivery
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.