|Location:||Aus - NSW Regional, Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Work with a team of the best
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today
About the role
As the next Health and Safety Advisor at our Mt Arthur project you will provide leadership, advice and practical support for all health and safety aspects of the open cut mining operation. Reporting to the HSET Manager you will be an integral part of the site safety team.
Your key responsibilities in this role include:
- Proactively champion all applicable Health and Safety and Laws, Regulations and statutory obligations at all times
- Assist with the Incident Investigation Process
- Prepare and facilitate HST communications
- Oversee quality management of site Health and Safety data systems
- Contribute to site exceeding safety performance targets
- Actively engage with site personnel on a regular basis as part of promoting a strong safety culture and cohesive team environment
- Assist in maintaining the Project’s Risk Register and coordinate monitoring of Critical Risks/BBRA.
- Management of subcontractors onsite by conducting regular audits; observations and reviews
- Preparation and presentation of Inductions and toolbox talks when required
Roster and Location:
- 8 days on 6 days off
- The Mt Arthur coal project is located near Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley region.
We are ideally seeking candidates with the below skills and attributes:
- Proven experience in a Health and Safety Advisor role within Mining
- Relevant Health and Safety tertiary qualifications/or working towards
- Working knowledge of relevant NSW Mining legislation
- Ability to build strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with incident investigations
- Ability to self-manage and work as part of a collaborative team
- Certificate IV Trainer/Assessor (highly desirable)
- Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator experience (highly desirable)
Preference will be given to candidates with a tertiary qualification in a relevant field combined with proven experience in a mining environment.
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.