|Job Type:||Full Time|
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
We have an exciting 12-month maternity backfill opportunity for a Scientist to join the Process Development team at our Broadmeadows site. Under guidance of senior members of the team, you will:
- Participate in new product development and continuous improvement of existing products and processes
- Assist in the implementation of R&D strategies and objectives
- Ensure compliance to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and GLP
- Contribute to the scale-up of processes from laboratory scale.
- Assist in preparation of documentation for process development and manufacture including study protocols, reports, batch process sheets (BPS), standard operating procedures (SOPs) and method of manufacture (MOMs).
- Maintain expertise over a range of bioprocessing techniques and equipment
Skills and Experience Required:
- Advanced tertiary qualification in appropriate scientific or engineering discipline.
- Established knowledge of protein chemistry, bioprocessing or other relevant biological or engineering discipline
- Pharmaceutical industry experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of scientific and engineering disciplines relevant to the development of protein based biological products
- Experience in manufacturing and established knowledge of protein chemistry.
- Experience in characterisation of protein biologicals
- Experience in chromatography
- Understanding of the product development chain of the pharmaceutical industry
- Understanding of the principles of GMP and GLP
- Bilingual – Mandarin/English Highly Desirable