|Job Type:||Full Time|
ING is looking to hire a Lead Software Engineer to join one of our Scrum teams; you will lead by example and coach others to develop and automate the testing of robust, adaptable code that is always production-ready. Be part of a supportive and dynamic team, delivering innovative products which are at the forefront of digital banking in Australia. Apply your skills in leading software engineering technologies to create new features and improvements throughout our technology stack, from UI to service layer, integrating with our back end systems.
As a Lead Software Engineer you will at time function in one of our Scrum teams and also work in across-cutting role driving advancement in our engineering practices. You will lead by example and coach others to develop and automate the testing of robust, adaptable code that is always production ready. Through collaboration with other developers your work will improve the digital banking experience for our customers and our staff
As a Technical leader in the software engineering community you will play a key role in the continual advancement of our engineering practices through practices such as Agile and Continuous Delivery and you will also remain highly aware of industry trends and bring the best of the global engineering practices to ING
What are you going to do?
- End to end software development
- Work along the full lifecycle of software engineering from idea to working production
- Design reusable services following Service Oriented Design principles
- Foster and deliver effective adoption of continuous delivery methodology, practice and attitudes / mindsets
- Write code that is easy to read, highly maintainable, and written with automated testing in mind
- Be an advocate for the adoption of Agile / Scrum practice, methodologies and attitudes. Role model of Agile leadership behaviours
What are we looking for? Someone who…
- Has Minimum 10+ years in development/software engineering and has extensively knowledge of working in Agile organisations
- Deep understanding of tools across full software delivery lifecycle, e.g. IDE, source control, CI, test, mocking, work tracking, defect management, etc
- Has experience with micro services and also preferably with SpringBoot
- Is familiar with source control systems i.e. Git
- Extensive experience in building RESTful and SOAP Webservices
- Proficient in full stack development (e.g. database, services and user interface) or mastery in one layer of the stack with sound understanding of other layers
- Is able to operate and provide technical leadership in ambiguity
- Exceptional influencing and negotiation skills
Nice to have
- Data stream with Kafka or similar products knowledge/experience
- GCP, Azure or AWS knowledge/experience
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile - for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you're joining a team where individuality isn't just accepted, it's encouraged. We've built a culture that's fun, friendly and supportive - it's the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We're here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there's plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you've never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply - likewise if you're living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you'd feel at home? We'd love to hear from you.
(One last thing, ING operates a direct talent sourcing model. So no agency introductions, please.)