|Job Type:||Full Time|
Team Manager – Retail Income Protection Claims
- Key leadership role
- Lead a Retail Claims Team
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about.
TAL needs people who represent our diverse Australian community. People who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community. People who are passionate about making the most of the choices and options we provide. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart.
About the Opportunity
As a Team Manager, you will be responsible for the leadership; coaching and mentoring of a team of income protection claims managers at various levels of expertise and development.
It is expected that you will provide leadership and technical support for your team, build further capability in your people whilst engaging positively with the wider claims management team and network of stakeholders.
You will be asked to contribute your thoughts and ideas in regards to the continual development and improvement of claims philosophy, efficiency and effectiveness.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Supporting your team through the proficient assessment of income protection claims in accordance with TAL’s claims philosophy, claims procedures, policy wording, contract requirements and within stated authority limits
- Working closely with Claims Managers to review claims strategies, as well as the determination of escalated claims above the relevant delegated authority limits of Claims Managers.
- Being the escalation point for Claims Managers, , provide advice on the technical interpretation of policies and contract requirements,
- Assist in the identification and resolution of customer complaints Working collaboratively with your peers and higher levels of management to ensure effective and efficient delivery of claims services across the business.
- Staff Development - coaching/mentoring, performance management, progression and career planning
- Providing regular Claims reports, statistics and explanatory documents to Claims Senior Leadership Team, internal TAL stakeholders and external stakeholders and Key Partners, as required;
- Maintaining current knowledge of life insurance guidelines and policy changes. Communicating these in a simple and accurate manner to team members and customers;
- Continuously reviewing Claims processes and frameworks to seek out opportunities for improvement in the overall claims experience for customers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Income Protection claims assessment, with a demonstrated delegation of authority at 10k or above
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple internal and external stakeholders groups
- Experience in coaching and mentoring.
- (Desirable) Prior leadership experience of a technical claims team within Life Insurance Industry
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We want our employees to work in ways that suits their life and the nature of their role, so they feel able to meet their work life commitments and support their wellbeing. Everyone’s welcome to work for us – regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with.
We know it’s the people we work with and experiences we share that make work meaningful and fulfilling, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
You don’t have to be an artist, adventurer, doer or dreamer, but it really helps.
If you would like to apply or refer a friend please click on the relevant button below and follow the instructions. Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact Tania Villiers at firstname.lastname@example.org