|Location:||Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking to join a team where you help customers use the latest technology, where you receive cutting edge training and where you’re empowered to make a difference?
We need enthusiastic people like you to provide technical direction to our customers to help them realize their full potential.
WHO WE ARE
We are Microsoft Services, and are passionate about delivering Microsoft’s mission:
“to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more”.
We are aligned by technology domains across all Microsoft solution areas enabling us to create agile delivery teams, covering all Microsoft products.
We are Microsoft’s Business Applications Domain helps customers maximise their investment in Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions, the full portfolio of Microsoft Products and Microsoft Azure through accelerated adoption and productive use of technologies.
We believe in the power of personal growth and development. We succeed as a team by sharing knowledge and experience. Don’t worry about what you don’t know; come and show us what you do know, and we will teach you the rest. We want to invest in you, your training and development.
The Project Manager in the Dynamics Global Practice supports the Program Manager and takes responsibility for project delivery and execution on one or more of Microsoft's Dynamics projects at our customers. The role requires deep project management experience in a consulting organization, broad technology knowledge, and the ability to facilitate the successful deployment of a complex ERP or CRM solution across multiple business teams within an organization.
The Project Manager will help identify, pursue, and close strategic business development opportunities while continually driving add-on business within existing accounts. To accomplish this, the Project Manager must be effective in fostering executive level relationships. The successful candidate will help translate business needs into technology solutions which will be formulated in contracts and/or statements of work (SOW).
The Project Manager is a key enabler for the success of an engagement, orchestrating Microsoft consultants, offshore resources, and partner staff. They manage the complete lifecycle of large and complex projects, and have a passion for customers that is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
The Project Manager is a leader; they will walk the halls, understand what's happening, and lead their team, the customer, and the project's delivery partners. They must have a good grasp of the basics of project management, and the personality and experience to be the go-to person for the project.
The Project Manager must understand the needs of the customer (Statement of Work, Conditions of Satisfaction), Microsoft (needs of all internal stakeholders), and the vision of Microsoft Services and Microsoft Business Solutions, and be able to steer a path to meet the needs of all.
The Project Managers in the Dynamics Global Practice act as mentors for project teams engaged in large Business Solutions implementations.
- The successful candidate will have a BS/BA degree, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years hands-on project management experience with large scale enterprise, global ERP or CRM solutions (such as Dynamics, Oracle, SAP and Lawson, Salesforce.com etc.) in multiple industries.
- The job will require frequent travel, mainly within Australia
- English verbal and written communications skills are a must
- PMI PMP Certified. Project Manager desirable
- Excellent communications (up / down / peers)
- Experience in supporting contractual & commercial management and execution
- Executive relationship management
- Proven track level in business domain & technical conversation
- Experienced in day to day project management including staffing, milestones, cost management, and deliverables.
Core accountabilities required skills are as follows:
- Responsibility for Project Delivery
- Scope Management & Change Control
- Project Issue Management
- Project Risk Management
- Subcontractor-Project Control (Partners, Global Delivery, and ISVs)
- Weekly Status Reporting and Project Health
- Microsoft-internal reporting
- Work Order Amendments and general contract administration
- Timesheet and Expense Submission, Tracking, and Approval
- Personnel On-boarding / Rolling-off
- Task Management
- Manage Project
- Contractor and Client Invoice Management and Approval
- Quality Plan Execution
- Facilitate Peer Reviews
- Project Knowledge and IP management
Please note we do not provide relocation nor sponsorship. If you find this opportunity to be compelling and can demonstrate your ability to excel as a Program Manager, we would like to explore the possibilities with you as soon as possible!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.