|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Finance organization purpose
Global Sales Marketing and Operations (GSMO) Finance is driving shareholder value in 60 subsidiaries and carries the local accountability for the financials as well as statutory and compliance matters across all segments and products. We:
- Land the company vision around the transformation of our business, consumption and customer orientation in the subsidiaries and externally.
- Drive strategic resource allocation and investments through local insights, ensuring optimal returns aligned with our worldwide strategy. Key focus is on New Business with an industry and workload perspective.
- Build trust to lay the foundation of long-term growth from a customer and shareholder point of view in a compliant way
- Empower and inspire our people to lead and be part of top performing teams while providing diverse career opportunities
Microsoft Australia is a single subsidiary Area, reporting directly into Worldwide Headquarters in Redmond, WA, USA. It has been a key enabler of the market IT growth through solid partnership with Governments, Enterprise, small and medium as well as IT partners and consumer partners of the region. The Australian Finance team has the responsibility to partner with sales and marketing teams to enable and drive market growth.
Microsoft Finance is a truly global finance team and you will be part of the WW community of Financial Controllers to make each other great and build on each other.
The Modern Workplace (MW) Finance manager is the Finance partner to the EG Finance Leads at Corp, the Area MW lead, and other product-aligned business leaders. The successful candidate will develop deep subject matter expertise on O365, EM+S, M365 to deliver actionable insights to business partners as well as the Segment and New Business & Customer Success Finance managers. The MW Finance manager drives upsell motions (M365, E3 to E5) and MW growth.
You have a growth mindset, act as an entrepreneur that drives business impact, and continuously learn and innovate. You have a capability to actively contribute and build strong collaboration within diverse and virtual teams. You are action oriented and able to build and deliver strong results through others beyond the team as well.
You drive digital transformation in the finance function towards data driven (Machine Learning) forward-looking insights. You also engage directly with customers and business partners.
You simplify and inspire through storytelling and excellent communication skills.
Microsoft values and ethical behavior are a corner stone in our culture.
Being a community lead, you build a high performing, diverse and talented finance community. You are focused on both the individuals as well as the team dimension to attract, develop and retain.
- Drive cloud growth in the Geo through deep Cloud analytics forward and backwards (deployment, active usage & upsell). Provide actionable insights to the New Business and Segment Finance managers all up and for their segments.
- Leverage Corp models and analytics, provide actionable insights through the segment controllers into the subsidiaries and to CSA Finance managers in the large subsidiaries in a way that can be easily digested and actioned.
- Understand competitive market insights, provide thought leadership to challenge Area EG leads & STU around new business opportunities / growth roadmap landscape
- Accountable for finance content related to EG ROB, Planning & Execution incl. budget, forecast, consumption and ongoing insights in efficient manner
- Partner with OCP/SMC Finance manager to Drive SMB growth with deep insights on CSP motion
- Actively engage with community of MW CSA Finance managers in partnership with the A&I/D&AI Area Finance manager to focus on the key insights and projects to accelerate the business and increase productivity and focus of sellers and partners
- Lead the Area forecast, budget and Outlook processes for Area planning with accurate forecasts and high quality budgets
- Build a deep partnership with Corp BG Finance teams continuously building credibility and providing insights & thought leadership from Area and advocating for the Area business.
- Take a lead role driving M365 performance via providing insights and opportunities modelling, focus on customer adds and especially consumption as per scorecard
- Increase premium mix, understand and drive upsell motions to higher profit products (M365, E3 to E5)
- Accountable for finance content related to EG ROB, Planning & Execution incl. budget, forecast, consumption and ongoing insights in efficient manner.
Open to mid levle to more senior levels 5-15+ years of experience in finance positions
Strong analytical skills and business acumen
Industry experience preferred, but not limited to technology. FMCG & Telco also suitable.
Fluent in English
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.